Cam Ward Incarnate Word HL (comp to Poff)

ageezy

Cane til I Die

in light of poff's commitment figured this would be interesting for somewhat of a comparison ... measurables aside

Advertisement
Good stuff. From what I see:

- similar physical builds though Ward is a couple inches taller

- very similar throwing motions. Change of release angle, throwing on the run etc

- Ward has a bigger pure arm but less touch on corner/fades

- Ward is slipperier on the run but both are plenty athletic

- statistically Ward was a beast - 4600 yards and 47 TDs his final year at IW

Elephant in the room of course is that Ward then went on to play two years of high level P5 football and then declare for the NFL (allegedly.) Let's see what happens.

Advertisement
LOL.

Yes. Jared Verse went to Albany so all Albany players must be as good as Jared Verse.

Cam Ward went to Incarnate Word so all QB’s from small lower level schools must be as good as Cam Ward.

Rationalize this take however you want I guess. It’s a questionable take at best and if this is all we’re taking at QB this year, then Miami is in big trouble

Based on those highlights alone and knowing washington state was his suitor, we would have been complaining about cam ward too
IF Ward came to Miami, after the 1st pick he threw, he’d be a bum and all the CIS QB guru’s would be calling for him to be benched and want Brown and/or Emory to take over.

Good stuff. From what I see:

- similar physical builds though Ward is a couple inches taller

- very similar throwing motions. Change of release angle, throwing on the run etc

- Ward has a bigger pure arm but less touch on corner/fades

- Ward is slipperier on the run but both are plenty athletic

- statistically Ward was a beast - 4600 yards and 47 TDs his final year at IW

Elephant in the room of course is that Ward then went on to play two years of high level P5 football and then declare for the NFL (allegedly.) Let's see what happens.
ward had over 108 more completins on 120 more attempts than poff ... again, not comparing, just using facts ... those 108 completions led to the 1000 yard discrepancy

Advertisement
LOL.

Yes. Jared Verse went to Albany so all Albany players must be as good as Jared Verse.

Cam Ward went to Incarnate Word so all QB’s from small lower level schools must be as good as Cam Ward.

Rationalize this take however you want I guess. It’s a questionable take at best and if this is all we’re taking at QB this year, then Miami is in big trouble
not rationalize anything ... just facts and videos

Ward was also highly recruited coming out of FCS and the top QB in the portal that year.

WSU didn’t find him, they got lucky he wanted to keep playing in that run and shoot system so went there.

Whereas we are hoping Mario is the smartest QB scout in the room.

There hasn’t been a QB transfer with Poff’s rating in the portal as a college player, turn out to be good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m not saying this a good take. But it for sure isn’t a bad one. HR killed it at the FCS level so bare minimum a good back up. And it shouldn’t scare any other options out there. Low risk, high potential with this take.

ward had over 108 more completins on 120 more attempts than poff ... again, not comparing, just using facts ... those 108 completions led to the 1000 yard discrepancy
And even with 120 more attempts, he threw 3 fewer picks..

Ward was also highly recruited coming out of FCS and the top QB in the portal that year.

WSU didn’t find him, they got lucky he wanted to keep playing in that run and shoot system so went there.

Whereas we are hoping Mario is the smartest QB scout in the room.

There hasn’t been a QB transfer with Poff’s rating in the portal as a college player, turn out to be good.
what other qbs came were in the portal that year?

Advertisement
what other qbs came were in the portal that year?

I don’t know. But Ward wasn’t just the top rated guy. He had a legit rating. He had like a 93 or 94 QB rating on 247.

So it’s not like it was a down year so an 89 rated guy was the top guy.

Ward was seen by scouts as being a legit college star coming out of the FCS.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Back