Cam McCormick will be back for a NINTH year

Thats all fine if an offense actually needed a TE. We have a coach from the Air raid tree. i could be wrong, but i can't remember the last air raid coach to have an all-American TE. Its typically not in there forte.

Instead of forcing a Tight End on the field we could have just as easily went 10 personnel and used all receivers.

That way we wouldn't even be having this convo. Its silly to trot Cam out there then complain about lack of TE AFTER we picked up Kirk AND Harrell in the portal.
I 💯 agree with you…but…we needed a decent blocking TE to help Maugoia on the right side a bit. Kid did phenomenal but was literally 18 years old man. I saw Cam being out there as a guide and helper to CiCi on the right side for the run game. This year, CiCi is more experienced and is gonna be more confident and violent. By your analysis of Air Raid OC’s, Air Raid OC’s aren’t supposed to have 1,000 yard rushers on the regular either. We had a stable of guys that averaged close to 5 yd/carry. If we had one RB, he would have been a 1,300 yard rusher this year with how much and how effectively we ran the ball. I get what you’re saying but just offering a different perspective on the matter. Regardless, Ward is a gunslinger that is very smart with check downs….he will find the open man and get the ball to him. Unlike TVD.

Advertisement
I 💯 agree with you…but…we needed a decent blocking TE to help Maugoia on the right side a bit. Kid did phenomenal but was literally 18 years old man. I saw Cam being out there as a guide and helper to CiCi on the right side for the run game. This year, CiCi is more experienced and is gonna be more confident and violent. By your analysis of Air Raid OC’s, Air Raid OC’s aren’t supposed to have 1,000 yard rushers on the regular either. We had a stable of guys that averaged close to 5 yd/carry. If we had one RB, he would have been a 1,300 yard rusher this year with how much and how effectively we ran the ball. I get what you’re saying but just offering a different perspective on the matter. Regardless, Ward is a gunslinger that is very smart with check downs….he will find the open man and get the ball to him. Unlike TVD.

What’s the actual perspective in this?

Advertisement
💯 agree with you…but…we needed a decent blocking TE to help Maugoia on the right side a bit. Kid did phenomenal but was literally 18 years old man. I saw Cam being out there as a guide and helper to CiCi on the right side for the run game

I'd rather see Zion Nelson out there at TE next year than Mccormick. I mean it. Even if he's only 70% of what he was, he's still a FAR better blocker than Mccormick. And Nelson used to be a basketball player if I'm not mistaken. He added something like 40-50 pounds over a few months to bulk up to play OL. Have him shed some weight and get back down to 240s and it will take a lot of pressure off his bad knees, then get him on a Juggs machine. He can catch a pass once a game to give the defense something to think about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
After hearing Cam will be returning:
Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Remembering that things could always be worse:
AC6C9716-B8FD-411A-A3EE-902239A6AD56.jpeg

Advertisement
Dude is a genius. Imagine having the knowledge/maturity/game of a 27/28yr old, running around a college campus of 18-21 hotties. Im actually jealous.

Advertisement
Back