Cam McCormick impact

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
I realize it is just one game and a lot of people wondered why accept a TE who is clearly in the line up to block, but Cam McCormick was literally on the strong side of almost every single nice running play. He opened up huge holes and can block everyone from a D-end to a cornerback. Please rewatch the running plays and keep an eye on 84. He is an absolute stud as a blocker. I’d like to see him catch some passes to keep defenses honest that we aren’t telegraphing a run just because he is in the game. But man is he good.

Most people on CIS won’t like to read this but UM out-physicaled Ohio and McCormick was a huge part. It was also nice to see Cohen pull and Cooper pulling at his size to take out a DB on Fletcher’s TD is amazing considering Cooper’s size. Cooper will play him self into the NFL with the quickness he showed for his size. One more interesting wrinkle on the Parrish TD was to line up McCoy as a TE/extra tackle on the strong side.

But I digress. This post is to highlight and appreciate the player that is often overlooked by fans, but not by coaches-the blocking TE. I hope Arroyo is back soon because we can play with 2 TE and still keep the defense guessing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He wasn’t a **** addition and was quite memeable, but it’s the kind of pure football skill we’ve been largely lacking for a long time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back