Cam Harris Dynamic but Unrefined

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our best RB no matter what anyone says.
Ya.. Knighton proved otherwise on Saturday against better competition than Harris did anything against all year.

It was a totally different dynamic on offense with Chaney in the game and then he got hurt. It's been totally different with Knighton in the game. Only constant was our offense sucked with Harris in the back field.

Advertisement
Our best RB no matter what anyone says.
Define "best". Chaney is the overall "best", but he also seems to be injury prone so maybe that removes his title as best?
Rooster is the "best" in space and the "best" at receiving. Cam is probably the "best" at pass blocking and explosive runs. Doesn't do us that much good really. I'd rather have 5 yards a carry instead of 1 yard per carry 50x then one explosive play for 40 yards.

Advertisement
Cam has a career average of 5.3 ypc. Not too bad behind our offensive line. 19 rushing TDs on just 293 carries. The hate this board has for just about every player amazes me.
Lots of long runs skewed that figure. Knighton had no trouble picking up extra yards behind that same OL. Cam had far more 2-3 yard carries than he did 5-6 yard ones

Lots of long runs skewed that figure. Knighton had no trouble picking up extra yards behind that same OL. Cam had far more 2-3 yard carries than he did 5-6 yard ones
What is Knighton's career avg after 100+ carries? 4.1?

Advertisement
For all the Harris haters.

For all the Harris haters? I took the article as basically say, "Harris is more an athlete than a RB, and he really needs to work on his footwork is he wants a future in the NFL."

Some notes include:

"Although he has improved his all-around game, he is still not a high-level NFL starter with refined skills between the tackles."

And the writer ultimately concludes:

"Right now? He’s potentially an NFL athlete who will excite evaluators who don’t understand nuances the position and hope Harris will magically figure it."

That's not exactly an endorsement.

Advertisement
Back