Calvin Russell III (c/o ‘26)

amanan28

New_Era
Plays for the West. Saw a clip of him on Instagram with the 7on7 tournament held at UM.

6’4 WR freshman in HS right now. Anybody got info on this kid, is he the real deal?
@Liberty City El

Advertisement
Plays for the West. Saw a clip of him on Instagram with the 7on7 tournament held at UM.

6’4 WR freshman in HS right now. Anybody got info on this kid, is he the real deal?
@Liberty City El
**** I'm old. I Played HS with this jit's cousins, played against his pops and other cousins. Family FULL of athletes. ****, I remember when his folks started dating. Cane Legacy 2x. Chanivia Broussard's(Women's Hoops)son and Glenn Sharpe's cousin. He'll be a P5 guy certainly. Obviously we'll be a player in his recruitment if he's high enough on our board. Just gotta wait & see...

**** I'm old. I Played HS with this jit's cousins, played against his pops and other cousins. Family FULL of athletes. ****, I remember when his folks started dating. Cane Legacy 2x. Chanivia Broussard's(Women's Hoops)son and Glenn Sharpe's cousin. He'll be a P5 guy certainly. Obviously we'll be a player in his recruitment if he's high enough on our board. Just gotta wait & see...
Got an offer

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid apparently also averaged 27 points per game as a freshman in basketball? Got an offer from Arizona St. to play basketball.
I didn't know he put up 27 a night but I know he definitely can hoop at very high level. I was sure he could be a Division 1 basketball player but I thought his future was waaay brighter on the field. Seems like I'm wrong though. Jit might be on his way to a 5 star ranking in both sports. Remember, mom is a UM HOFer in b-ball so he gets it honestly.

His cousin(who's a huge semenhole fan) swung by my crib a couple months ago to chop it up. We started talking bout Lil Calvin, and naturally I give him **** about Russell being a Cane Legacy twice through his mom and Glenn Sharpe.

He said we'll be a MAJOR player in his recruitment. He personally thinks we'll be in the driver's seat. But he said jit is being hit up by Coach Cal and those types. If he reaches that Top 10 territory in the hoops rankings, no more football...

I didn't know he put up 27 a night but I know he definitely can hoop at very high level. I was sure he could be a Division 1 basketball player but I thought his future was waaay brighter on the field. Seems like I'm wrong though. Jit might be on his way to a 5 star ranking in both sports. Remember, mom is a UM HOFer in b-ball so he gets it honestly.

His cousin(who's a huge semenhole fan) swung by my crib a couple months ago to chop it up. We started talking bout Lil Calvin, and naturally I give him **** about Russell being a Cane Legacy twice through his mom and Glenn Sharpe.

He said we'll be a MAJOR player in his recruitment. He personally thinks we'll be in the driver's seat. But he said jit is being hit up by Coach Cal and those types. If he reaches that Top 10 territory in the hoops rankings, no more football...
Yeah it’s hard to compete with the basketball NIL money. Football as a sport has more money, but in a recent survey by CBS sports, the AVERAGE D1 starting player NIL deal is between $100,000-$300,000.
Just like the NBA v NFL. NFL makes more money, but the NBA players make much more on the average because you only pay 12 players instead of 45.

Yeah it’s hard to compete with the basketball NIL money. Football as a sport has more money, but in a recent survey by CBS sports, the AVERAGE D1 starting player NIL deal is between $100,000-$300,000.
Just like the NBA v NFL. NFL makes more money, but the NBA players make much more on the average because you only pay 12 players instead of 45.
At that point it's purely economics. Amounts of money that can make you set your love aside. The epitome of a business decision...

Advertisement
From @gogeta4 OP in the Battle Miami thread

Andrew Ivins- Jeremiah Smith was the wide receiver that everyone wanted to pull out of South Florida last cycle. Do not be surprised if Russell creates a similar type of madness because he too has a chance to be pretty special. A legit two-sport standout with multiple basketball offers (including one from last year’s Final Four darling FAU)

Advertisement
From @gogeta4 OP in the Battle Miami thread

Andrew Ivins- Jeremiah Smith was the wide receiver that everyone wanted to pull out of South Florida last cycle. Do not be surprised if Russell creates a similar type of madness because he too has a chance to be pretty special. A legit two-sport standout with multiple basketball offers (including one from last year’s Final Four darling FAU)
In that case all OSU

Gaby confirmed on his podcast that Russell was on campus on Friday for Prospect day.

Advertisement
Back