Calvin Heurtelou got in???

Will be interesting to see how Miami's defense does since we'll finally have a good D line.

Advertisement
I wasn't actually inviting people to post more negative Golden comments.

This board is flooded with those.

There are some things Golden deserves credit for but recognizing our DL sucks and having to bring in JC DT's isn't one of them. Like the others said, my wife knew our DL sucks from watching any one game. And he needs JC kids because of his failure to get any solid DT's in the past 2 classes. If he can manage to get TV back to go along with Moten/Jenkins and the 2 JC kids and the solid DE's we got coming in... hopefully we can finally see what a Miami DL is supposed to look like.

Totally agree that anyone could diagnose the problem. But AG kept going after top Juco DTs despite the obvious challenges, and has landed two good ones. Stuckey was a beast (another early eval by Golden) but couldn't sign. But Golden kept plugging. Have you seen Huertelou's highlights? He looks very good. I'm a little less sold on Wyche, who is more of a run stopper Curtis Porter type, but he does take two people to hold up. Add in Moten, Jenkins and hopefully TV, and you've got one **** of a DT class.

Terrific load of DT talent if it all arrives as hoped. DT talent doesn't grow on trees, so considering the circumstances Golden inherited it's fairly naive giving him a hard time for difficulties bringing it in last two recruiting classes.

Terrific load of DT talent if it all arrives as hoped. DT talent doesn't grow on trees, so considering the circumstances Golden inherited it's fairly naive giving him a hard time for difficulties bringing it in last two recruiting classes.

Here is where I disagree. I am a believer in Golden and want him to succeed here. But he is not above critique either. Though I think the depths of it has gone extreme and ridiculous, critique is fair where it is merited logically and rationally.

For example yes these past few years recruiting has been tougher than normal and anywhere else and it has an impact on the overall top to bottom depth of it. BUT it is more than fair that he has failed in his time here to bring in quality DT's, for the same reason I have belief he can succeed here for being able to do so in Temple, you can say at DT he has failed here. If he was able to find college studs in Terrance Knighton and Muhammad Wilkerson at Temple of all places, so too should he have been able to unearth some here

Advertisement
When I watch how good Mo Wilkerson is in the NFL, I wonder if this guy was so dominant against inferior competition at Temple that he may be the only reason Temple had a good defense when Al was there.

Hopefully getting 3 or 4 impact DL in this class can help us when we're playing quarters defense or base 3-4 cover three against 4 wide sets.

If wyche doesn't win his appeal, he will be in here at summer. The few extra months would pay off huge, but he's here regardless and he's gonna **** sheeeit up

What are you basing this on? If he loses his appeal, how do you know he'll stick around? Also, if he loses the appeal, doesn't he have to re-enroll in JC for the semester?

If wyche doesn't win his appeal, he will be in here at summer. The few extra months would pay off huge, but he's here regardless and he's gonna **** sheeeit up

What are you basing this on? If he loses his appeal, how do you know he'll stick around? Also, if he loses the appeal, doesn't he have to re-enroll in JC for the semester?

It looks like that either the appeal hasn't been decided yet of he lost. Either way the last day to enroll in classes has to be soon (at most if not all schools). He may just have run out of time and needs to go to JUCO regardless of the appeal. Pete and rivals have both said he was willing to do.

Advertisement
Hate Golden all you want.

At least he's identified that the D-line is crap and has made moves to address it.

Immediately with JUCOs and for the future with HS kids. If all these kids arrive (i.e. if the Admissions Dept don't get in our way) then it's a good recruiting class.

Lets not get too excited. He has known the DL has been crap for some time now. He just hasn't been able to close on the talent needed to fix it.

This kid is my favorite DT in the group. He's the definition of a Miami Hurricane. Only a couple years ago this dude was a fraction of the size he is now. He worked his *** off and put on good weight. He has all the tools to play Tackle and I think he's quick enough to hang at Nose. He'll work though any adversity that comes at him and become at least a very good player for us.

Hate Golden all you want.

At least he's identified that the D-line is crap and has made moves to address it.

Immediately with JUCOs and for the future with HS kids. If all these kids arrive (i.e. if the Admissions Dept don't get in our way) then it's a good recruiting class.

Most ppl don't hate Golden, we just don't sunshine pump "The Golden Era" and it's about time The Tie got some DT's
I actually hate Golden

When I watch how good Mo Wilkerson is in the NFL, I wonder if this guy was so dominant against inferior competition at Temple that he may be the only reason Temple had a good defense when Al was there.

Hopefully getting 3 or 4 impact DL in this class can help us when we're playing quarters defense or base 3-4 cover three against 4 wide sets.

it wasnt just him. they got a kid on jets right now who was a early 2nd round pick out of temple too. they put multiple guys in nfl

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back