Calm Before the Storm....

OP first time poster, may be the only;

My first pop Warner team was named The Hurricanes , we has the logo and everything in 04. We would destroy teams 45-0 , 28-3 63-0 etc and ended up winning the championship that year. I remember It like yesterday one day before going to the game on a saruday I was flipping through college football & saw Miami vs Houston in 04 with kyleright and Kirby freeman. They were dominating them for the most part and I was fansinated with the Aura of the squad that still lingered even in 04 from the previous years. Naturally I was captivated by with the history, tradition, dominance & NFL presence of the Canes ever since.
Ive been lurking this sight and others since 2010.

The 05 Peach bowl was the first big game I rooted as a real fan being 9 or 10 at the time... I'm 24 now. I Remember watching the Canes get destroyed in what was one of the most lack luster performances that was akin to Golden Era effort & Shannon Era like overhype displyed in that game that was in the pipeline to come. I remember not understanding how the great Miami whom had dominated just 2 years earlier was getting their *** kicked (Except D. Hester) by an pretty good but not great LSU IMO.
Ive never seen a real pristine Miami though I feel like we have been though the bottom of the trough of the tides of fortune.
In a way this LSU matchup feels like a paradox... a closing of a downtrend since 04 and a shift back into the prominence of CFB....
The weight of the game is really 10+ seasons heavy in a way. (not to mention. SEC Vs. ACC)
This team, since last year has felt different than the past 10.....will thee Canes get over the hump? or disappoint and tuck tail under the limelight per status quo since 04?
Time will tell
Go Canes

Advertisement
Good first post. I couldn't agree more. I think we get over the hump and smash LSU. Not just smash, but humiliate.

Advertisement
Back