Calling out on barry jackson

You know there is another potential strategy you guys are missing here.....

Maybe Miami is "using" BJ to let the player know they want him via the press-- this would NOT be considered tampering...but it gets the word out just in case they heard that he may be unhappy where he's at.

Politicians do this all the time with the Press when they want to leak info without being on the hook for it...

You sure about that? I could not find the NCAA definition of tampering but The NFL defines tampering as “Any public or private statement of interest, qualified or unqualified, in another club’s player to that player’s agent or representative, or to a member of the news media.’

If there is wiggle room in the NCAA's definition, and they can try and mirror the NFL definition to f@ck UM, they will. If you have the definition from the NCAA let me know, if not don't just say things as fact without even doing one iota (shoutout DBC) of research.

Advertisement
This program sucks. It's a shell of its former self. It sucks but it is what it is.

Barry, Susan, Manny N and anyone else reporting on it have less than nothing to do with that fact. They have no consequential impact on any of it. They just report stuff and they deserve some basic level of respect and not to be harassed online.

They are not the reason this program is now a joke that gets disrespected by every also ran in CFB

You, as a poster who has people's ear for whatever reason, shouldn't feed them nonsense that emboldens these trumpist bozos to harass local reporters online.

Lmao.

Can't wait til Ivins or Gabby posts something meaningless. "check VIP and sign up to hear that Commitment X is trending to Miami but I'm not ready to flip my crystal ball b/c he could still go to school XYZ". And then everyone on here whines that the article had no information in it and Ivins is just covering all his bases and not providing any updates.

But Barry who is paid a salary to fact check and double check independent sources is the bad guy here b/c people are leaking him credible info that its his job to report on. It's all Barry's fault that we dont have Stevenson, Campbell, Surtain, Henderson etc.

$ how? Grant money he will get depending on the date. Every transfer at every school is going to do that. Not unique to TS.

If you are implying UGA is going to pay them, then they better be ready pay a bunch of players to stay. Again not unique to TS.
I'm implying the latter and what's unique is that he potentially wanted to go to UM (don't care about kids going to other schools) and now the boosters know it. They don't just go paying every kid on the team who isn't expected to leave.

Advertisement
how is the programs fault some coach decides to open his mouth? they don't have a consequential impact at all. the whole Marshall thing was a clue in and how high school coaches loose lips can hurt you. on top of that, you have reporters arguing with players on the team about their own medical condition

you think a CFB prospect, major one at that, is going to change the most important decision of his life to that point because the local media reported it???? Elaborate on that logic.

Barry didn't break Al Blades' condition. He broke that he was out for the season. Two different things.
Al Blades took up his issue with the wrong dude and he was wrong. If he had a bone to pick it's with the SI Dir not with a ****** herald reporter

Nothing is going to come of this in terms of “tampering” - Miami wasn’t first to reach out and never discussed directly and that’s not the fear of it getting out. The fear of it getting out is Jason Marshall 2.0

Georgia doesn’t want to go down the road of “tampering” because the exact same thing is going on with them and the TE from LSU

This isn’t the only Georgia player wanting to leave. Cribby actually mentioned an additional one to me that I wasn’t aware of and I know of 3 more prominent players.
1 of them should be Darnel lol

Advertisement
Reporting rumors is journalism now ? A rumor that could have ramifications on the program negatively. People are already butthurt by Miami’s success in the portal. The ncaa just waits for Miami to fart before they move in on campus.

I’m amazed at what I’m reading here. But Miami media and Miami fans deserve each other.
exactly. these stories are only run down here. let a local Bama reporter run something like that they would be ran out of town. that's the difference with here. they barely even run the stories of when these kids get arrested much less something that can paint a target on the school.

you have no right to do this to me.

My wording was off... i meant to say he just should have come here from the start. The knock on Rumph is he doesnt do what other recruiters do and promise or say anything to these kids. UGA sold Stevenson on false promises while Rumph kept it 100...

This is not an endorsement on Rumph either just saying he doesnt play the game which has cost him with recruits

Advertisement
I'm implying the latter and what's unique is that he potentially wanted to go to UM (don't care about kids going to other schools) and now the boosters know it. They don't just go paying every kid on the team who isn't expected to leave.

I hear ya, but wouldn't they have the chance to do that as soon as he officially entered the portal anyway?

Advertisement
That's the part I don't get. I get BJ is a **** roach. I get that it is a potential issue for the University (and we all know the national media loves to come after us). I get that UGA will try to convince him. But my understanding is that we had a DE and CB pretty much locked up. DE is a check mark. If TS is the CB then what's the hold up.

How does BJ leaking impact TS decision that much. We all know Kirby has a sinking ship and is expected to have many other transfers. Why this would impact TS decision to come here is where I don't follow. If you are going to transfer to school X because you are not happy at your current school, a leak isn't going to stop you.

Not to mention BJ isn't getting much, if any credibility, from others in UGA and Miami media.
you don't think UGA is desperate to keep TS. there's some shady stuff that can happen to ensure that you are stuck. from a Miami perspective it doesn't look good that you are linked to a player that hasn't entered the portal yet especially not when you are public enemy 1. it wouldnt shock me if them leaks came from Athens to put pressure on TS and Miami

Gotta say, and Mods feel free to delete, but if you want to to leave, enter the **** portal. What's with the back-channeling and a midnight escape from UGA after collecting grant money? And now apparently a HS coach's involvement in 'leaking' to Barry. All plays out like an episode of the new show, surely you've heard of it...Bags Gone Bad. Next episode - did the HS coach leak after Kirby applied pressure because he got a bag too? Does the student-athelete collect another bag to stay in Athens? And don't miss the season finale where UM' s defense starts 4 DL, 2 LB's, a Striker, and 4 Safeties.

Cribby; blood has been here for 2 yrs. lol. In yr one, we had a “source” mention how there were “cancers” that contributed to us going 6-7

Year 2, there’s a “source” stating UM would love to have Steveson.

Year 2, there’s a “source” stating Marshall committed to Miami

Year 2, there’s a “source” stating all signs point to T2 committing to Miami

I meaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, it’s either leaks or we have the worst media on planet earth. If it’s the latter, then we have the worst media dept in the NCAA. Revoke or make these dudes recant if this is all indeed unsubstantiated.

But I’ve never seen this many leaks, or excuse me, “non-UM sources that are close to the program” (which sounds like an oxymoron) be published or tweeted during any coaches tenure here.
The staff feeling good about a recruit is not a leak , every school passes that type stuff on. Marshall and now Stevenson has nothing to do with Miami. I’ve all but said where that came from.

In previous regimes legit info leaked out daily. There was sauces everywhere, look at all the “ insiders” from the golden and Shannon days. I know multiple coaches from those staffs dropping dimes.

This staff has had things locked down. Hence why Barry , ivins and others go dumpster diving with high school coaches , friends , family members etc. Looking for anything. I get bashing the staff for a lot but leaks isn’t one. I mean the joke has been “it’s like Fort Knox.

There’s idiots here believing a recruiting guy is bossing Lashlee and likens around , telling them who’ll play lol. He’s so powerful that he got passed up for a wr coach position that he wanted badly, yet he’s now running the wr room? Lol.

Lastly we have somebody going around bashing Banda daily saying he’s not a good recruiter, he’s trash and I’m full of crap for saying Banda doesn’t just recruit safety , he recruits at every spot and well. Then elijahs mom comes out abd says “she’s heartbroken he’s leaving and he played a big part in his recruitment” .

People hear this crap and want to believe , just like their politics they want an echo chamber. “ I don’t have facts that this is true but I hate the staff or that coach so I’ll believe it”. Then they spread it to the next guy and now it’s a thing.

Now I’m just going to shut up and let people live in their own perceptions, talk without facts. Their narrative are made without having any info , so why bother?

Last edited:
The staff feeling good about a recruit is not a leak , every school passes that type stuff on. Marshall and now Stevenson has nothing to do with Miami. I’ve all but said where that came from.

In previous regimes legit info leaked out daily. There was sauces everywhere, look at all the “ insiders” from the golden and Shannon days. I know multiple coaches from those staffs dropping dimes.

This staff has had things locked down. Hence why Barry , ivins and others go dumpster diving with high school coaches , friends , family members etc. Looking for anything. I get bashing the staff for a lot but leaks isn’t one. I mean the joke has been “it’s like Fort Knox.

There’s idiots here believing a recruiting guy is bossing Lashlee and likens around , telling them who’ll play lol.so powerful that he got passed up for a wr coach position that he wanted badly, yet he’s now running the wr room? Lol.

Lastly we have somebody going around bashing Banda daily saying he’s not a good recruiter, he’s trash and I’m full of crap for saying Banda doesn’t just recruit safety , he recruits at every spot and well. Then elijahs mom comes out abd says “she’s heartbroken he’s leaving and he played a big part in his recruitment” .

People hear this crap and want to believe , just like their politics they want an echo chamber. “ I don’t have facts that this is true but I hate the staff or that coach so I’ll believe it”. Then they spread it to the next guy and now it’s a

Now I’m just going to shut up and let people live in their own perceptions without facts. Their narrative are made without having any info , so why bother?

Bro; lol...u were literally the main one complaining about the Marshall recruitment leaking out & how that f’d us.

Furthermore, imma keep it 1000; my nig the only source of information here was Pete back in the day. Since the latter years of Richt & now Manny, everybody on this mutha fcka is a plug. Lol.

Ppl forget this is an open Internet forum, not the intranet. Everybody is a source or a “don’t shoot the messenger” type all of sudden. Lol. ****, for all I know, the anonymous source that’s not w/in the program can come from here. Let’s not act like we haven’t seen our chit posted on other sites. Lol.

Edit: in fairness, Banda was actually ranked as a pretty chitty recruiter up until the last 2 yrs per 247. So i can see how they keep holding the past against him, since that tends to be very popular. But the guy has definitely improved exponentially as a recruiter the last 2 yrs, and didn’t deserve the flack (although, our S play is suspect af).

P.S - still love u my dude. Lol. U still my bro.

Advertisement
Back