Calling out on barry jackson

This whole story is as flimsy as it gets. It had no business ever seeing the light of day based on the vagueness and lack of direct connection to the program.

Not everything that happens is the fault of this coaching staff. This is journalistic malpractice.

I didn’t think it actually came from the coaching, honestly. Go back to my history, I’ve ALWAYS had a problem w our media dept, whether those covering it or who’s responsible for it. I think our media dept is 2nd class at best.

Advertisement
I’m confused; where did it say Miami reached out to Stevenson? It said a source mentioned we would love to have him.
This. There's nothing against the rules about wanting another team's players. There's no rule against discussing having another team's player internally either. Unless a Miami staff member actually contacted Stevenson, this is a whole bunch of much to do about nothing.

It didn’t come from Miami’s side guy. Ivins, Barry and sfla media know who has gossip , scuttlebutt and like to talk. Same thing with Marshall. Figure it out.

Barry read TS name dropped on another board a couple days ago and he started digging. But it’s still rumor , TS is still in his college dorm and getting sold on staying. Yet this twit writes a story in a decent size paper on pure rumor /gossip. But you aren’t taking about that. A journalist writing a gossip piece on a college kid. A kid that still has grant money

I know some of y’all have such a boner for manny everything is his fault. This was nothing on Miami.

People throwing out nonsensical conspiracy theories on why it leaked , well I told you how it leaked. It wasn’t some apb lol.

There’s a reason this nonsense doesn’t happen at sec schools , their media knows better. Fans do too.

At Miami who needs enemies ? Lol.
Thought Barry said Stevenson's home in So. FL. and classes start at UGA 1/13 (?) If that's the case, wouldn't he have collected grant money and be eligible to enroll at UM?
NO clue about those matters, but would seem the either a decision was imminent or the kid is wavering. But again, don't know the details of grant $.

Advertisement
Maybe this is what Barry saw? :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

1609791745716.png

This whole story is as flimsy as it gets. It had no business ever seeing the light of day based on the vagueness and lack of direct connection to the program.

Not everything that happens is the fault of this coaching staff. This is journalistic malpractice.
Bingo. But the “ Miami fan “ can’t wrap their head around this.

There’s been fewer leaks under manny than any coach the last decade. That’s why the media has no info....ever. Which explains why they go the route of dumpster diving for info. But people say “ stop leaking”.

Look at James Williams , a five star that nobody had coming and the entire fanbase was shocked by, does that sound like there’s a leak problem on Miami’s side? He didn’t tell anyone but Miami and family.

If you can’t figure out where leaks are coming from I don’t know what to say. I mean who had the most to lose or gain by Marshall news leaking?

But everyone knows whats going on. Smh.

Advertisement
Simple chit; stop leaking chit. I know u have ur own personal issues w/ those covering Miami, but u, my friend, r barking up the wrong tree. U’re problem needs to be w/in this program.

I know we have had these stupid leaks in the past, but I don't believe this is a UM leak situation, my friend.
If we're being real, portal business requires having people talking and setting up a line of communication between the school and the player. Any kid with options is going to want to know where he lands before he decides to jump. For that to happen, the parties involved need to gauge each other's interest. That's going to involve intermediaries/family/friends. So when Jacksoff says a "source in touch with UM" spoke to him, it's probably one of those necessary intermediaries/family/friends (or somebody they spoke to) that broke confidence.

That's a inherent risk to the portal game, but it doesn't mean Jacksoff has to run with it. He could have used the lead to start writing his article about their "mutual interest" and coming home to Miami, and had it ready to go for the minute Stevenson hits the portal. He decided to go a different route and I suspect that's why he is catching heat from some of us.

Reporting rumors is journalism now ? A rumor that could have ramifications on the program negatively. People are already butthurt by Miami’s success in the portal. The ncaa just waits for Miami to fart before they move in on campus.

I’m amazed at what I’m reading here. But Miami media and Miami fans deserved each other.
A lot of journalism is based on rumors..the ole saying where there’s smoke there’s fire..as Barry’s source I can can confirm also that there have been discussions within the program about upgrading the talent on the roster..names have indeed been mentioned while enjoying large glasses of coquitos..

Is that tampering or an ncaa violation dumbass? That’s apples to rocks comparison. Jesus.
You’ve been throwing your innuendos out about this for the past month. But, because someone who doesn’t have anything invested in the U spoke on it their wrong? Right. I’ll be a dumbass. But your not far from it. And it’s not a violation, because it the information didn’t come from Miami. No one on our staff is that dumb. Clearly, the leak came from the UGA side. These kids are usually in the portal for a few weeks before it becomes known publicly. He’s not Ivins or Ferman, who write UM material. He works for the paper. Jackson has no allegiance to Miami. He doesn’t care if it will help or hurt. He got information and put it out there. You seem butthurt because he put your ace out there.

Advertisement
Thought Barry said Stevenson's home in So. FL. and classes start at UGA 1/13 (?) If that's the case, wouldn't he have collected grant money and be eligible to enroll at UM?
NO clue about those matters, but would seem the either a decision was imminent or the kid is wavering. But again, don't know the details of grant $.
He’s hasn’t collected it yet. He hasn’t moved. But that’s not the only issue. There’s multiple. That’s why you don’t leak rumors , especially if the rumors can hurt the program. That’s the point.

I need to sign off lol. I’m just repeating myself and wasting my time , if people can’t understand this that’s on them. Their hatred for a coach is blocking their sense.

Advertisement
Bingo. But the “ Miami fan “ can’t wrap their head around this.

There’s been fewer leaks under manny than any coach the last decade. That’s why the media has no info....ever. Which explains why they go the route of dumpster diving for info. But people say “ stop leaking”.

Look at James Williams , a five star that nobody had coming and the entire fanbase was shocked by, does that sound like there’s a leak problem on Miami’s side? He didn’t tell anyone but Miami and family.

If you can’t figure out where leaks are coming from I don’t know what to say. I mean who had the most to lose or gain by Marshall news leaking?

But everyone knows whats going on. Smh.
Yep...

He’s hasn’t collected it yet. He hasn’t moved. But that’s not the only issue. There’s multiple. That’s why you don’t leak rumors , especially if the rumors can hurt the program. That’s the point.

I need to sign off lol. I’m just repeating myself and wasting my time , if people can’t understand this that’s on them. Their hatred for a coach is clocking their sense.

Think you just now seeing what I’ve been saying forever here. A lot of these dolts are openly rooting for failure for a myriad of agendas.

Do you think any of them want to actually see Stevenson a Canes uniform? No way..

Advertisement
Back