Calling out on barry jackson

Advertisement

▪ As for cornerback, a source in touch with UM said the Hurricanes would love to snag Georgia and former Miami Southridge cornerback Tyrique Stevenson.

The one big problem: He played for the Bulldogs in their bowl game on Friday and there’s no indication if he wants to transfer to UM or anywhere.

Stevenson — rated the sixth best cornerback and 35th best player in the nation in the 2019 class — has played in 19 games for the Bulldogs over the past two years and has no interceptions, one sack and 10 passes defensed.

Stevenson — who started three regular-season games in 2019 — made a huge play late in Georgia’s comeback bowl win against Cincinnati in Atlanta on Friday, deflecting a Bearcats pass on 3rd and 2.

“Probably was the play of the game. If they complete that, we don’t have a chance to win,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said. “Did a heck of a job.”

We know Miami has interest and his name has been tossed around internally; this is something to monitor.

The unknown is whether Stevenson has any inclination to leave Georgia and return home; he has given zero public indication if he wants to leave. But there has been chatter inside UM about him.
So I guess in Barry's mind he reported the 'news' like recruiting info., but protected the kid's interest in terms of saying there's been "zero public indication he (Stevenson) wants to leave." Gray area, but you would have to understand this could impact the kid's future. End of the day, imo, he could've either concealed the kid's identity and printed something vague, or just left the 'story' alone.

Reporting rumors is journalism now ? A rumor that could have ramifications on the program negatively. People are already butthurt by Miami’s success in the portal. The ncaa just waits for Miami to fart before they move in on campus.

I’m amazed at what I’m reading here. But Miami media and Miami fans deserved each other.

Simple chit; stop leaking chit. I know u have ur own personal issues w/ those covering Miami, but u, my friend, r barking up the wrong tree. U’re problem needs to be w/in this program.

Advertisement
Why else would Barry be writing about him if there wasn't smoke there? Otherwise that whole blurb about him could've been cut entirely, because why would we want someone who not only has no chance of coming here, but doesn't want to be here?
Barry's job is to vomit ink on digital paper.

I'm surprised he hasn't posted, "Hearing big LB out of Asia might have interest in Miami. Banger run stuffer type, 400ft tall/100,000 tons named Godzilla. Sources tell me he is on the outs with team management in Tokyo..."

Last edited:
They could’ve done it 100 different ways. This is not the way they wanted it out I guarantee it.

Listen; u don’t want chit out......DON’T TELL A MF JOURNALIST CHIT!

Like I totally don’t get why u guys r always pointing the finger at the chit WE do. It’s the refs, it’s the fans, it’s Barry, it’s Susan....no, ITS US!

We ALWAYS have “anonymous” sources saying chit that comes out. Who the FCK is the anonymous source??

I feel we’ve been having leaks for a min. I’m not sure where these sources r coming from, but Barry’s job is to report. That’s literally his occupation. So if an inside source tells him “we’re hoping to get Stevenson this off-season”, I mean what’s he going to do w that info? Especially if it wasn’t in a confidential setting? Just like he said to Blades u need to talk w ur personnel; they gave him the green light on releasing that info.

If anything, I blame Miami for constantly leaking chit. Whether that was locker room issues, Blades’ health, or now this. Loose lips sinks ships. I don’t fault Jackson for any of this.
The problem is that this didn't come from UM staff. It's an anonymous allegation from "a source in touch with UM." It's getting to the point where a reporter can make up any bull**** they want and publish it as something they heard from a source close to the situation then hide behind journalism as they watch things unfold.

Advertisement
Listen; u don’t want chit out......DON’T TELL A MF JOURNALIST CHIT!

Like I totally don’t get why u guys r always pointing the finger at the chit WE do. It’s the refs, it’s the fans, it’s Barry, it’s Susan....no, ITS US!

We ALWAYS have “anonymous” sources saying chit that comes out. Who the FCK is the anonymous source??

This whole story is as flimsy as it gets. It had no business ever seeing the light of day based on the vagueness and lack of direct connection to the program.

Not everything that happens is the fault of this coaching staff. This is journalistic malpractice.

Simple chit; stop leaking chit. I know u have ur own personal issues w/ those covering Miami, but u, my friend, r barking up the wrong tree. U’re problem needs to be w/in this program.
It didn’t come from Miami’s side guy. Ivins, Barry and sfla media know who has gossip , scuttlebutt and like to talk. Same thing with Marshall. Figure it out.

Barry read TS name dropped on another board a couple days ago and he started digging. But it’s still rumor , TS is still in his college dorm and getting sold on staying. Yet this twit writes a story in a decent size paper on pure rumor /gossip. But you aren’t taking about that. A journalist writing a gossip piece on a college kid. A kid that still has grant money

I know some of y’all have such a boner for manny everything is his fault. This was nothing on Miami.

People throwing out nonsensical conspiracy theories on why it leaked , well I told you how it leaked. It wasn’t some apb lol.

There’s a reason this nonsense doesn’t happen at sec schools , their media knows better. Fans do too.

At Miami who needs enemies ? Lol.

I’m Barry Jackson’s source on this..and I can say (again) with no doubt Miami would love to Stevenson

Advertisement
Barry's job is to vomit ink on digital paper.

I'm surprised he hasn't posted, "Hearing big LB out of Asia might have interest in Miami. Banger run stuffer type, 400ft tall/100,000 tons named Godzilla. Sources tell me he is on the outs with team management in Tokyo..."
So let's say I were to call the athletic department at Michigan, ask them if Derek Stingley was transferring there and hang up, then call Barry and tell him that I've been in touch with the Michigan athletic department about the possibility of Derek Stingley transferring there.

Barry could report that a source has been in contact with Michigan about Derek Stingley transferring there. It would not be close to true, but he would vociferously defend it as journalism.

I feel we’ve been having leaks for a min. I’m not sure where these sources r coming from, but Barry’s job is to report. That’s literally his occupation. So if an inside source tells him “we’re hoping to get Stevenson this off-season”, I mean what’s he going to do w that info? Especially if it wasn’t in a confidential setting? Just like he said to Blades u need to talk w ur personnel; they gave him the green light on releasing that info.

If anything, I blame Miami for constantly leaking chit. Whether that was locker room issues, Blades’ health, or now this. Loose lips sinks ships. I don’t fault Jackson for any of this.
I agree but I think this maybe more of an intentional leak rather than an accidental leak.

The problem is that this didn't come from UM staff. It's an anonymous allegation from "a source in touch with UM." It's getting to the point where a reporter can make up any bull**** they want and publish it as something they heard from a source close to the situation then hide behind journalism as they watch things unfold.

Haven’t we heard this, though?
-Golden’s tenure & the locker room divide
-WRs not on the same page w/ Dugans
-Locker room split between Defensive players & offensive players
-Cancers on the team that can’t wait to leave

I mean come on, fellas. This continued “anonymous” source that’s “in touch” w/ UM is not some coincidence.

Advertisement
So let's say I were to call the athletic department at Michigan, ask them if Derek Stingley was transferring there and hang up, then call Barry and tell him that I've been in touch with the Michigan athletic department about the possibility of Derek Stingley transferring there.

Barry could report that a source has been in contact with Michigan about Derek Stingley transferring there. It would not be close to true, but he would vociferously defend it as journalism.

I heard Miami would be open to Stingley possible transferring here.

Time for this toxic **** to stop covering sfla he has no decency to him. These last few months were the final straw. From releasing blades medical conditions after being told to wait and now exposing miami for recruiting a kid on another team which could get us in trouble god knows the NCAA needs another reason. And all the ****** years of coverage. I got $5 to start
Ok I’m just seeing this. He didn’t expose miami recruiting a kid on another team. Miami wasn’t recruiting anyone on another team. He quoted a source with contacts at miami. He didn’t even say that it came from miami, which it didn’t, as I understand it.

Nothing is going to come of this in terms of “tampering” - Miami wasn’t first to reach out and never discussed directly and that’s not the fear of it getting out. The fear of it getting out is Jason Marshall 2.0

Georgia doesn’t want to go down the road of “tampering” because the exact same thing is going on with them and the TE from LSU

This isn’t the only Georgia player wanting to leave. Cribby actually mentioned an additional one to me that I wasn’t aware of and I know of 3 more prominent players.
So if Stevenson is the CB that we thought was going to enter the portal and come to Miami, this will not affect that from happening.

Haven’t we heard this, though?
-Golden’s tenure & the locker room divide
-WRs not on the same page w/ Dugans
-Locker room split between Defensive players & offensive players
-Cancers on the team that can’t wait to leave

I mean come on, fellas. This continued “anonymous” source that’s “in touch” w/ UM is not some coincidence.
The one thing they all have in common is a willing reporter who likes to bash the hometown team.

Advertisement
Back