TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
I'm scared. I am terrified, actually. Terrified that:

Herman/Fuente will be a bust
Butch will not live up to our hype
Strong will make us "The new Texas"
Richt will be a bad fit
Chud/Cristobal will be our next coach

Call it "The Curse of the Orange Bowl" or "Shalala's Hex". For whatever reason, I feel like this next hire won't matter. I really want to be excited about the future of Miami football, but I can't help but feel like we're destined to remain irrelevant.

Don't forget to click the down arrow before your classy reply.

Advertisement
mad-real-world-o.gif

Look at Miami football the past decade. Why would any of us not be pessimistic? I feel like we could hire anyone, but Meyer and they'd fail.

Then I think of how Al Golden was able to at least nail 6 wins and even had us ranked 7th at one point despite how poorly coached his teams were and how bad his schemes were. We just beat Duke because we were more athletic than them. We didn't outscheme them.

That makes me believe that anyone that knows football and is competent can win here. And then I thin Herman would be great.

It's hard to be confident when our future lies in this BOT's hands... With that being said, I think they realize that they have to make a slam-dunk hire or else... In short, what you're feeling is natural and likely shared by many others

Butch, chud or Richt are all really good hires.
Cristobal is a good hire
Herman and Fuente are gambles like Golden was here.
Strong is to tx what golden was to us. Only Golden recruited much better with the NCAA dragging everything forever on us

Advertisement
Butch, chud or Richt are all really good hires.
Cristobal is a good hire
Herman and Fuente are gambles like Golden was here.
Strong is to tx what golden was to us. Only Golden recruited much better with the NCAA dragging everything forever on us

Good
except Butch is a great hire
Fuente is a shlt hire

Advertisement
Back