Call Marc Trestman

That dude got sh1tcanned a couple weeks ago because his offenses were horrible

Advertisement
Trestman is, inarguably, a good offensive mind. I sure as **** wouldn't mind hiring someone not on the 18th hole of his coaching career. With UM fans, it's always retreads and glory years guys.

How do ya'll complain about short dink and dunk passes then ask for Trestmen? Sometimes I swear people don't even watch games.

Not advocating for Trestman, but we have a struggling OL, RBs that aren't great runners but really good pass catchers, and 2 really good TEs. Wouldn't utilizing short, quick passes work better for our current personnel?

If you watched the Eagles disaster against the Cowgirls, last night, you would have seen why exclusive use of the dink & dunk game doesn't work. That's because the opposition knows what you're going to do, and defends against it. The Eagles have no deep threat (left for the 'Skins) and pay for it, weekly.

We're in the same shape, but with lesser talent. A good team continuously varies it's attack to keep the D on its heels. We telegraph ours.

Nobody is saying to "run one thing exclusively" but rather, to form a base offense using the strength of the personnel.

Advertisement
In Chicago, we call him Dr. Death.

Anyone who has coached Cutler wears that name. He sure made Josh McCown look like an All Pro 3 years ago, explain that one because McCown has never been any good before or after. 224-149 66.5% 1829 yds 13 TD 1 Int 109.0 QBR I guess he had lost it then too

Last edited:
Trestman panicked and ran the ball only 11 times in the Super Bowl against Tampa Bay. It was particularly moronic because that Tampa Bay team had the greatest pass defense in the modern (post merger) era, specifically in yards per pass attempt allowed in games away from home.

Tampa Bay's Adjusted Yards Per Attempt allowed that season was 3.12. Truly unbelievable. To compare, the '85 Bears were 4.00, 2000 Ravens were 4.47 and 2013 Seahawks were 4.03. Adjusted Yards Per Attempt factors interceptions, and not merely raw yards gained.

The Buccaneers didn't allow yards when you did throw it, and they picked it off in greedy fashion when you did. Trestman's solution was to keep throwing it into the greatest pass defense in NFL history. He was rewarded with 5 interceptions and 3 of them returned for touchdowns.

I should mention that Oakland was 3.5 point favorite, so it's hardly a case of overmatched entering the game.

Obviously that is only one game but it's been an ongoing trend with Trestman. The Ravens this season opened 3-0 but it was a mirage. They had the fewest rushing yards ever for a team winning the first three games, not reaching 85 in any game.

I prefer a coach who prioritizes a physical running game. Once the personnel is Miami caliber, that style allows capability of running the table, or nearby. Basic football cleanses and fortifies the entire team. The spread styles look cute but too many fans envision prancing touchdowns and somehow ignore all the frailty issues. I watch late at night, this season featuring Oregon and Arizona shoved around. Baylor just lost to Texas for a second consecutive season. As I've emphasized, the lack of contrast is what allows Alabama such a free reign in this era. Finally a contrast team like Michigan shows up, but it's probably too early for Harbaugh after one full recruiting season and a partial one to begin.

Not a bad idea. He's creepy af, but he knows Offense.

The thing is, Richt doesn't necessarily need to give up play calling, but he needs someone dedicated to extensively breaking down film and coming up with a game plan/plays (like Jumbo has). Thomas Brown ain't that guy (and if we don't land McFarland, he should be fired or have his salary cut. He was basically brought in to recruit).

Yes he does.

Not a bad idea. He's creepy af, but he knows Offense.

The thing is, Richt doesn't necessarily need to give up play calling, but he needs someone dedicated to extensively breaking down film and coming up with a game plan/plays (like Jumbo has). Thomas Brown ain't that guy (and if we don't land McFarland, he should be fired or have his salary cut. He was basically brought in to recruit).

Yes he does.

His playcalling is garbage for the QB he has starting, but if he had a QB who could buy even a little bit of time, it would mask his deficiencies.

Although, when you have over a week to prepare for ND, and you come out with 3 straight running plays, maybe not.

Advertisement
Trestman panicked and ran the ball only 11 times in the Super Bowl against Tampa Bay. It was particularly moronic because that Tampa Bay team had the greatest pass defense in the modern (post merger) era, specifically in yards per pass attempt allowed in games away from home.

Tampa Bay's Adjusted Yards Per Attempt allowed that season was 3.12. Truly unbelievable. To compare, the '85 Bears were 4.00, 2000 Ravens were 4.47 and 2013 Seahawks were 4.03. Adjusted Yards Per Attempt factors interceptions, and not merely raw yards gained.

The Buccaneers didn't allow yards when you did throw it, and they picked it off in greedy fashion when you did. Trestman's solution was to keep throwing it into the greatest pass defense in NFL history. He was rewarded with 5 interceptions and 3 of them returned for touchdowns.

I should mention that Oakland was 3.5 point favorite, so it's hardly a case of overmatched entering the game.

Obviously that is only one game but it's been an ongoing trend with Trestman. The Ravens this season opened 3-0 but it was a mirage. They had the fewest rushing yards ever for a team winning the first three games, not reaching 85 in any game.

I prefer a coach who prioritizes a physical running game. Once the personnel is Miami caliber, that style allows capability of running the table, or nearby. Basic football cleanses and fortifies the entire team. The spread styles look cute but too many fans envision prancing touchdowns and somehow ignore all the frailty issues. I watch late at night, this season featuring Oregon and Arizona shoved around. Baylor just lost to Texas for a second consecutive season. As I've emphasized, the lack of contrast is what allows Alabama such a free reign in this era. Finally a contrast team like Michigan shows up, but it's probably too early for Harbaugh after one full recruiting season and a partial one to begin.

If you read articles on Super Bowl Bill Callahan changed the game plan from a run happy to a pass happy plan 2 days before the game as Tim Brown and Jerry Rice both stated so blaming Trestman is dead wrong. Many players felt the center Robbins disappeared after the change in plans

If you read articles on Super Bowl Bill Callahan changed the game plan from a run happy to a pass happy plan 2 days before the game as Tim Brown and Jerry Rice both stated so blaming Trestman is dead wrong. Many players felt the center Robbins disappeared after the change in plans
It doesn't matter. Tampa was smashing Oakland either way that year.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back