Calijah Kancey

260 Lbs D tackle out of N’Western. Watched a little tape. Very quick get off. Looks almost like a DE/Edge instead. Won’t be a run blocker but I do like him. Hope we offer.

Attachments

• 4C77FDA8-DD8A-424F-B9E3-BCB0C2DCF601.png
    4C77FDA8-DD8A-424F-B9E3-BCB0C2DCF601.png
    2 MB · Views: 91
Advertisement
Gave an interview where he said if he get an offer he will commit immediately. Wants to stay home and "play for the crib"
Good. Means we don’t need to hurry. Keep recruiting him and see how the board plays out while still evaluating him.

Reminds me of the undersized DL from Central a few years ago who signed with USCe. Name escapes me at the moment but same mold, undersized sawed off guy but has above average quickness and get off. Wouldn’t be a bad fit for our system but I think we should hold off for now, JMO. Maybe down the road if we strike out on a few ..

Keir Thomas.

Maybe it’s just me, I think Kancey is a better player than Thomas, he just makes a ton of plays.

Advertisement
He shoots the gap like he has a rocket strapped to his ***. He looks like your typical south fla stud dt.

Might be worth a take , if not just for pass downs.

He plays a lot like that Ballard kid from UF...was drafted by the bears.

Advertisement
Perfect example of why stars don't matter at Miami except to star whores. Never has. Never will.

Advertisement
Guessing these recent offers because of the traction lost with Sorrells

Guessing these recent offers because of the traction lost with Sorrells

Never understand the hype with him, nor the optimism that we'd get him. He's from Clemson/UF territory.

He's built no different than Kancey, Morris, Ingraham, and Fuller - all are around the 6'1-6'4 range and weigh 260-270lbs. Consider all 5 of them interchangeable.

Advertisement
Never understand the hype with him, nor the optimism that we'd get him. He's from Clemson/UF territory.

He's built no different than Kancey, Morris, Ingraham, and Fuller - all are around the 6'1-6'4 range and weigh 260-270lbs. Consider all 5 of them interchangeable.
He’s the best out of the group by far. Just because they all the same size doesn’t mean they all equally as good. And he’s not going to either Clemson or UF although I believe he would have liked to go to UF until they stopped recruiting him and he decommited.

He’s the best out of the group by far. Just because they all the same size doesn’t mean they all equally as good. And he’s not going to either Clemson or UF although I believe he would have liked to go to UF until they stopped recruiting him and he decommited.

Not better than Ingraham and Fuller. It goes Ingraham, Fuller, Sorralls, Kancey, Morris. All are 4 star talents.

Advertisement
Back