2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Advertisement
So D$ threw out a pump fake?
IMG6366022853992882612.gif

I seriously doubt that would negatively effect us even it was a factor, unless people are telling them we're moving to the Sun Belt and recruits are dumb enough to believe it. You think recruits are scared off by the idea of playing at The Big House or in Columbus in front of 100k?

No, they are scared of being left out of the B1G/SEC. Until we actually land somewhere, you can be sure they are being told Miami might not even be on TV in three years and other absurdities.

Does he really want to be part of a ****** Michigan class and crybaby fans like this or does he want to jump on the Miami train. Seems to be easy from the outside looking in. Hopefully the kid sees what is truly best which is Miami .

View attachment 196397
Stadium riff again? Michigan has one of the most packed stadiums every Saturday yet they continuously underperform.

Advertisement
Then they're idiots.

Or just a 17-year old kid without a strong family structure being sold a bill of goods by some of the best salesman in America. Dude, that wouldn't make the top 100 most far-fetched or idiotic thing that's been said to a recruit... this week.

And btw, it's not even 100% wrong. It's factual at this point that there will be a P2. as of now Miami has not been extended an invitation (lifeline) into either remaining power conference. As I type this, it's not even a really insane thing to say. Not everyone sees where the puck is going. And even if we say "don't worry we will end up in one of the big 2 conferences, all a parent has to ask is "which one?" and we have a problem. I think you underestimate how much negative recruiting goes in.

Or just a 17-year old kid without a strong family structure being sold a bill of goods by some of the best salesman in America. Dude, that wouldn't make the top 100 most far-fetched or idiotic thing that's been said to a recruit... this week.

And btw, it's not even 100% wrong. It's factual at this point that there will be a P2. as of now Miami has not been extended an invitation (lifeline) into either remaining power conference. As I type this, it's not even a really insane thing to say. Not everyone sees where the puck is going. And even if we say "don't worry we will end up in one of the big 2 conferences, all a parent has to ask is "which one?" and we have a problem. I think you underestimate how much negative recruiting goes in.
No, they're idiots, even for 17. If they know enough about to U brand that they know posing in the jersey is good for their social but somehow think that brand is gonna be left out in the cold when realignment happens then they're idiots. If their parents are concerned about that then they're idiots too. I don't know how low simply I can put it. If these kids are savvy enough to understand basic marketing then they're not dumb enough to think one of the most popular lucrative brands in all of college football is somehow gonna end up in the f'n G5. That would be like The Knicks franchise being sold and a free agent deciding not to go there because he heard the team might get moved to Poughkeepsie.

Advertisement
No, they're idiots, even for 17. If they know enough about to U brand that they know posing in the jersey is good for their social but somehow think that brand is gonna be left out in the cold when realignment happens then they're idiots. If their parents are concerned about that then they're idiots too. I don't know how low simply I can put it. If these kids are savvy enough to understand basic marketing then they're not dumb enough to think one of the most popular lucrative brands in all of college football is somehow gonna end up in the f'n G5. That would be like The Knicks franchise being sold and a free agent deciding not to go there because he heard the team might get moved to Poughkeepsie.

Ok, you didn't get what I wrote, so let me parse it down to one item:

Parent/kid: Ok let's say you're right coach, which conference?

Coach: Not sure yet. One of the big 2.

Parent/kid: yeah but we can't afford to fly to all those B1G schools to watch little Johnny play and also he hates the cold.

Even if we're "good" not knowing wtf conference we're going to be in would be a problem. It would be a problem for me. Recruiting decisions are sometimes won by a kitty hair. No one wants this hanging over their program's head.

Ehh still overstated. At least half the games will be in South Florida regardless. I seriously don't think conference realignment is gonna be a serious issue.

Stadium riff again? Michigan has one of the most packed stadiums every Saturday yet they continuously underperform.
I lived in PA for longer than I care to talk about, but I worked up by State College during some of that time. All the PSU fans would give me **** about packed stadiums and what not and I always shut them up with "how many titles has that packed stadium won you?"

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea this kid is going to change his mind 27 more times before December and probably why he's dropping the edit versus doing an announcement

Yep. Man wtf, wanted this one and not sure how this has been so all over the place.

This is confusing to me. There have been several lately (not talking just Miami recruiting) where it seems like the kid absolutely does not have his mind made up. Why even force a commitment then?

Attachments

• 5CEE4779-000D-49FB-803D-4BCB599EBB6F.jpeg
    5CEE4779-000D-49FB-803D-4BCB599EBB6F.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 413
Advertisement
Back