2023 Cali ATH Collins Acheampong

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not buying the NIL deal was the reason why Umich got this kid. Every fan base is now blaming a loss of a prospect to NIL. Just stop it. IF Michigan got the kid, I have to suspect it has something to do with the conference realignment.
i don’t think it’s conference realignment but blaming NIL is the go-to in every message boards playbook. you have to think if you make a kids Top 3-5 then all of the bags are pretty similar. at that point it’s about selling everything else, and sometimes kids choose a different route. it happens.

Advertisement
What’s strange is almost nobody on the Michigan 247 board is even talking about it. There’s a thread but it only has a few replies.

From what I’ve read, seems like most of them, including their writers, have all but conceded this one? Really odd, especially if Michigan really isn’t out of it.

No sauce, but I’m feeling Miami here 😬

What’s strange is almost nobody on the Michigan 247 board is even talking about it. There’s a thread but it only has a few replies.

From what I’ve read, seems like most of them, including their writers, have all but conceded this one? Really odd, especially if Michigan really isn’t out of it.

No sauce, but I’m feeling Miami here 😬
Michigan is down so bad rn I think the fan base has just resigned all hope of potential good news and so we shouldn’t hang out hat too much on them. Harbaugh really slaughtered all momentum they had from last season.

Michigan is down so bad rn I think the fan base has just resigned all hope of potential good news and so we shouldn’t hang out hat too much on them. Harbaugh really slaughtered all momentum they had from last season.
That’s a very real possibility too, but even their writers aren’t giving any updates. I would think they would be at least trying for interactions if they had heard anything positive. Perhaps wishful thinking lol

Plus, they are active in some other threads, which is why I thought it was so weird that one was dead.

That’s a very real possibility too, but even their writers aren’t giving any updates. I would think they would be at least trying for interactions if they had heard anything positive. Perhaps wishful thinking lol

Plus, they are active in some other threads, which is why I thought it was so weird that one was dead.
They put out the statement that he was informing the staffs last night. The entire board seemed content to let it rest with that. There were more posts and discussion about Jalen Brown than Acheampong

Advertisement
He pushed his commitment back to think about it because of realignment ?
Believe it or not, the realignment is on the mind of some of these kids. And I don’t blame them. Not all of course. Spoke to highly touted player and his dad here in central Florida and they both said “**** ACC football really bout to be a G5 conference.” And the kid went on to say “Yeah, I don’t know I want to play in that conference cause they’ll never play in the natty.” Thinking it’s all about the money is the reason we lost a recruit sound like Gator fans.

You can say it’s stupid all you want to but reality you old heads ain’t these kids. Lol. I’m in their shoes, I’m thinking the same thing

Believe it or not, the realignment is on the mind of some of these kids. And I don’t blame them. Not all of course. Spoke to highly touted player and his dad here in central Florida and they both said “**** ACC football really bout to be a G5 conference.” And the kid went on to say “Yeah, I don’t know I want to play in that conference cause they’ll never play in the natty.” Thinking it’s all about the money is the reason we lost a recruit sound like Gator fans.

You can say it’s stupid all you want to but reality you old heads ain’t these kids. Lol
Well if he doesn’t play for uga bama or Ohio st then he isn’t playing in a natty anyway lol

You can say it’s stupid all you want to but reality you old heads ain’t these kids. Lol. I’m in their shoes, I’m thinking the same thing
At the same token, it’s pretty obvious UM, FSU and Clemson will be leaving the ACC within the next two years to the SEC and/or B1G

Advertisement

This. You'd be surprised at how naive kids can be regarding negative recruiting.

But this doesn't make any sense. ACC is still a legit conference and you have a chance to win a title. They can just look at Clemson's run. The only way the ACC becomes a G5 conference is if teams leave. If that's the case, Miami would be one of those teams to either the BIG10, or more likely, the SEC. So I don't see why realignment would have any impact on a player's decision.

Advertisement
Back