Caleb f-ing Williams to the portal??

Where did this Caleb-TVD discussion come from?! I watched a bit of Caleb. He’s fun and exciting and will be good, but TVD is a better, more consistent QB right now. Caleb is a far more dynamic athlete and made some highlight plays, but a lot of what I saw was feast or famine. He was not consistent and if he couldn’t hit the home run, was at times ineffective.

Advertisement
Mario already said that we have the best QB in football. That means no matter who comes here they sit. Dude aint going somewhere new to sit.

Where did this Caleb-TVD discussion come from?! I watched a bit of Caleb. He’s fun and exciting and will be good, but TVD is a better, more consistent QB right now. Caleb is a far more dynamic athlete and made some highlight plays, but a lot of what I saw was feast or famine. He was not consistent and if he couldn’t hit the home run, was at times ineffective.

Came from people who don’t really follow our program. We know what’s up.

Advertisement
It would have to be Auburn or LSU, although admittedly I am unfamiliar with their quarterback situations.

Advertisement
Auburn just took Zach Calzada from TAMU & TAMU took lefty Max Johnson from LSU.

LSU has local 5-star Walker Howard coming in from Lafayette, plus they just hired long time Brian Kelly disciple & former Cincinnati OC Mike Denbrock, who’s an ultra conservative vanilla play caller, so I hope for his sake he doesn’t go to LSU lol.

No he shouldn’t but if all he’s looking for is a payday LSU would be his best bet to get a large bag I think..

LSU has local 5-star Walker Howard coming in from Lafayette, plus they just hired long time Brian Kelly disciple & former Cincinnati OC Mike Denbrock, who’s an ultra conservative vanilla play caller, so I hope for his sake he doesn’t go to LSU lol.
What about UCLA?

Advertisement

UCLA it is.

Advertisement
This is only the beginning. Whats to stop other stud QB's and players from doing this now, every year? ****, TVD could hop in the portal and we'd likely panic and scramble to cobble a nice NIL deal for him to stay...(dont think he's the type to do this but you get the point)

On 2nd thought, after this year does the normal sit 1 year transfer rule go back into play? It's the only way to stop this...
You’re only allowed to transfer one time. Otherwise you have to sit out or be a grad transfer.

Makes you wonder who mentioned Miami as an option and why.

Let's not forget, in Caleb's announcement, he mentioned exploring NIL deals. Makes sense to include major media markets. Regardless of whether a school has an OC. Or an incumbent QB. Or, you know, ACTUAL INTEREST.

Advertisement
Back