Caleb f-ing Williams to the portal??

You got me, his statistics are lies and my comment/opinion from watching 5+ games that he's a one read QB is also apparently a lie ..... based upon your opinion. You chose not to have a conversation AFTER you replied with your OPINION that he isn't a one read QB. We can certainly disagree on his "progressions" or lack thereof but don't pretend you took some higher ground. Peace out.
I didn’t say his stats were lies. You presented me with the stats after you told a lie. Had you brought those stats into question originally our convo would have centered around his struggles in those particular games you provided for me. Off the top of my head he threw for at least 20 touchdowns. I would go out on a limb to say more than a fourth of those come from a second or third read. My intent was not to offend you or insult your intelligence. But I responded to something that was false initially. Also another huge part of this. I have the actual film to work with. And in my opinion when the convo went from your opinion on him and his progressions to a few bad games I felt the convo wasn’t worth the hassle as the narrative already shifted. I only wanted to discuss what I commented on

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol, Lincoln Riley didn’t even trust Caleb Williams throwing the ball and he’s routinely asks his quarterbacks to throw the ball a lot. He had one game with more than 30 passing attempts. By comparison, the only games TVD threw under 30 passes were his first two starts (one was limited time against Central Connecticut) and Virginia where he attempted 29 passes. Where VanDyke got better as the season progressed (his first two starts against FBS teams were his worst) Williams got worse the more he played (his worst three starts were the last three regular season games)
You can make a case that Williams will end up being better than TVD, but to say he is right now is absurd. And honestly idk that it’s close.

First of all, I seriously doubt TVD will ever become homesick. He and his family have a years long connection to the U and he seems like an extremely grounded young man.

Secondly, Williams is definitely a talent but still unproven as well as Garcia and Brown.

Last, but not least, we’ve had enough divas in years past and certainly don’t need another as Williams seems to be

Additionally, I agree it’s a moot point because he ain’t coming here.
Williams is far from a diva he’s a leader of men. He’s also a kid that was lied to by a man he trusted and is now being spun every direction by his father

Just to piggy back on the few Caleb Williams - Miami posts/rumors….

What if it’s a behind the scenes deal and the OC reached out to him and Caleb wants to play for him 👀👀👀👀👀👀.

Alright I’m out.
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Williams is far from a diva he’s a leader of men. He’s also a kid that was lied to by a man he trusted and is now being spun every direction by his father
Not being sarcastic in the least when I say if anyone would know, you would. From the outside looking in, not knowing the young man other than seeing him on the football field, the optics could be interpreted as such. Many times, it’s better to leave things unsaid.

Nonetheless, I found it surprising his name being linked to us.

Not being sarcastic in the least when I say if anyone would know, you would. From the outside looking in, not knowing the young man other than seeing him on the football field, the optics could be interpreted as such. Many times, it’s better to leave things unsaid.

Nonetheless, I found it surprising his name being linked to us.
Sorry if I came off snarky. I suck at wording things the right way. Nah man he’s a good kid Mario would love him. Talking about this is kind of a waste to me though. Tyler van dyke is legit a potential number 1 pick

Last edited:
HOW MANY YEARS DOES THIS LEADER HAVE UNDER HIS BELT…🤔 WHAT IF HIS STREAK OF GAMES MAINLY AGAINST ACC COMPETITION COMES TO AN END NEXT YEAR…🤨
You are trying too hard to be like I'm James Jackson's Brother...but the D3 version

Sorry if I came off snarky. I suck at wording things the right way. Nah man he’s a good kid Mario would love him. Talking about this is kind of a waste to me though. Tyler van dyke is legit a potential number 1 pick
I appreciate the apology but wasn’t necessary. No doubt it’s difficult at times to word things so they don’t seem offensive. Been there and done that. LOL. I’ve mentioned in the past how much I appreciate the knowledge and insight you share.

The majority of the time, all I can do is express views based on information given by a particular person or persons. These days, it’s difficult at best wading through all the noise. The heat these young fellas have to withstand is crazy. Sometimes self inflicted.

Getting first hand knowledge about any situation from someone like yourself helps alleviate a lot of the noise. If you vouch for him, that’s good enough for me.

Advertisement
I appreciate the apology but wasn’t necessary. No doubt it’s difficult at times to word things so they don’t seem offensive. Been there and done that. LOL. I’ve mentioned in the past how much I appreciate the knowledge and insight you share.

The majority of the time, all I can do is express views based on information given by a particular person or persons. These days, it’s difficult at best wading through all the noise. The heat these young fellas have to withstand is crazy. Sometimes self inflicted.

Getting first hand knowledge about any situation from someone like yourself helps alleviate a lot of the noise. If you vouch for him, that’s good enough for me.
I think these kids need image consultants now. A few tweets in today’s climate can change your entire outlook on a kid. Imagine if Xavier restrepo had some major nil deal and he tweeted what he did? His right or not I just think at this point you’ve gotta treat these kids as closer to pros than you have in the past.

Last edited:
First of all, I seriously doubt TVD will ever become homesick. He and his family have a years long connection to the U and he seems like an extremely grounded young man.

Secondly, Williams is definitely a talent but still unproven as well as Garcia and Brown.

Last, but not least, we’ve had enough divas in years past and certainly don’t need another as Williams seems to be

I’m calling it now, TVD to UConn!!!!

The OC can have a massive effect on kids. Not saying Miami wants him or doesn’t but he can want to be at Miami for reasons that just aren’t public yet…
Yes. I agree. But logically who in their right mind would go from Starting QB at Oklahoma to Backup QB at Miami?

Wanting to go to Miami and actually going here are two completely different things in this situation.

I'm not saying I don't want him. Just that there are many teams with good OCs who don't have a guy like TVD guaranteed to start already in the program...

Advertisement
Advertisement

His entourage alone is an issue.

With all due respect, the way that recruitment was conducted was a hint as to what was coming. He may have all the talent in the world but for me, what comes with it would make me think twice...

There's some wild stuff being said and reported on OU sites and from what I gather, the local radio. I don't know how anyone thinks he could go back to OU if they don't get the deal they are looking for.

Curious why he and the family aren't giving Venables and Lebby a shot. It can't be about development; has to be about the other $tuff they want from OU. Seems like the Ewers deals may have stirred the pot here...

Advertisement
Back