Caleb f-ing Williams to the portal??

Advertisement
modz

THROW THE SHOE!!!
THROW THE SHOE!!!
Frankly I’m not banning him or stopping this thread because I’m the Mod that was accused of being on crack, was called a racist, and an argument was made about my political position, all of which could not be further from the truth. But I am enjoying the entertainment of it all.
And in the end, I am still unimpressed with Williams for the amount of hype he receives and believe TVD is a better QB; even in spite of TVD’s obvious shortcomings due to the lack of melanin in his body

Advertisement
First of all, Williams wasn’t QB1 to start last season. Just throwing that out there.

Secondly, we’ve already got what Mario describes, and many of us already know, one of, if not the best, QB in the country already on the roster.

Last but not least, we’ve got a great prospect in Garcia as QB2 and Jacurri coming in this year. Our QB room is loaded. Use the spot on a position a need.
You might be right on all of this, and you still take this kid if he wants to come in and compete. No clue what Garcia or Jacurri will be, TVD is one injury or bout of homesickness away from being gone himself...

That said, this kid isn't going anywhere where he actually has to compete on the up and up so this is all moot.

You replied to my comment with "because you watched OU games" and I destroyed your take with facts and statistics so maybe you should take your own advice champ.
That’s not what I replied with. And you started your “facts” with lies. You gave out numbers that are true but you have no idea about anything that goes into it except the flat out numbers. I corrected a lie you told and you shifted the narrative into a few poor games he played as a true freshman. That’s why I chose not to have the conversation with you. If the initial post I replied to involved the statistics you replied with instead of a opinion of yours, this would have went differently. Instead I chose not to have the convo because you shifted narratives. Go canes!

Last edited:
You might be right on all of this, and you still take this kid if he wants to come in and compete. No clue what Garcia or Jacurri will be, TVD is one injury or bout of homesickness away from being gone himself...

That said, this kid isn't going anywhere where he actually has to compete on the up and up so this is all moot.
First of all, I seriously doubt TVD will ever become homesick. He and his family have a years long connection to the U and he seems like an extremely grounded young man.

Secondly, Williams is definitely a talent but still unproven as well as Garcia and Brown.

Last, but not least, we’ve had enough divas in years past and certainly don’t need another as Williams seems to be

Additionally, I agree it’s a moot point because he ain’t coming here.

Advertisement
First of all, I seriously doubt TVD will ever become homesick. He and his family have a years long connection to the U and he seems like an extremely grounded young man.

Secondly, Williams is definitely a talent but still unproven as well as Garcia and Brown.

Last, but not least, we’ve had enough divas in years past and certainly don’t need another as Williams seems to be

Additionally, I agree it’s a moot point because he ain’t coming here.
TVD has already been here two years. His girlfriend is here. And he knows that with another season like he just had, he's a likely first round NFL prospect.

Advertisement
What this means is that College football has the ultimate free agency. A student athlete can enter the portal and test the waters for a better experience including NIL $$.

Advertisement
That’s not what I replied with. And you started your “facts” with lies. You gave out numbers that are true but you have no idea about anything that goes into it except the flat out numbers. I corrected a lie you told and you shifted the narrative into a few poor games he played as a true freshman. That’s why I chose not to have the conversation with you. If the initial post I replied to involved the statistics you replied with instead of a opinion of yours, this would have went differently. Instead I chose not to have the convo because you shifted narratives. Go canes!
You got me, his statistics are lies and my comment/opinion from watching 5+ games that he's a one read QB is also apparently a lie ..... based upon your opinion. You chose not to have a conversation AFTER you replied with your OPINION that he isn't a one read QB. We can certainly disagree on his "progressions" or lack thereof but don't pretend you took some higher ground. Peace out.

Only reservation I have about TVD (or a future clone) is whether he's fast/mobile enough if we were fortunate to reach a championship-level game against an SEC powerhouse. Would he be a sitting duck like McNamara was?

Last edited:
I don't think he would ever come here but with the way free agency in college football works, you take all the qb's you can get

ya never know when your QB will up and leave at a moment's notice and leave the program in a tight spot

Advertisement
Back