Calais Campbell signs with JAX

Advertisement
Couldn't have happened to a better person and a better family. The Campbells are good people.

My bucs loading up.... hope we draft dalvin cook if he slips with the first round draft pick.
Just signed desean Jackson and dt chris baker

What canes fan wants a FSU f*g? Just let your bucks keep sucking and they'll be in prime position to draft Lorenzo Lingawd in a couple years

For $30mill guaranteed I'd play for the Jags too ****ttt....

I don't care if they're the worst team in the league for the next 5 years, for that kind of money I could get over it, Playoffs/Super Bowl be damned Lol

I hear you, but for a few million less I would rather play for a winner. I will never understand those who go to whatever crap team because they were the highest bidder. Perhaps CC had similar offers and theres variety of reasons he picked Jacksonville. Whatever it was, congrats to the dude.

Advertisement

I don't care if they're the worst team in the league for the next 5 years, for that kind of money I could get over it, Playoffs/Super Bowl be damned Lol

I hear you, but for a few million less I would rather play for a winner. I will never understand those who go to whatever crap team because they were the highest bidder. Perhaps CC had similar offers and theres variety of reasons he picked Jacksonville. Whatever it was, congrats to the dude.
The NFL is a cold game & an even colder business, sometimes guys just need to cash out & get as much out of their bodies that they have left.

The league will use them up & spit them out, and will not hesitate to replace them in a heartbeat... Therefore, for a lot of guys winning isn't as important as capitalizing off the small window of opportunity they have to actually maximize their earning potentiality.

These guys are independent contractors & when you see good players go sign with a bad team, it's simply a business move.

It's not ideal, but it's standard practice in their field, sometimes you just gotta get the money & leave all the fairytale stuff to the side.

The last thing you ever want to happen, is to take less money chasing SB's & still end up getting short changed by injury or even worse getting cut.

[TWEET]843449848171040768[/TWEET]
Congratulations bro!

Phins should have signed him (I believe he visited). We have 0 playmakers at LB and no speed. Although he made some flashy plays and he appears to be a fan favorite, Kiko Alonso was awful in coverage and his PFF rankings back it up.

Advertisement

Heck, I would play for the Gobi Mongolians.

I'm guessing you never had a million $. If you had, you would not dismiss a few extra of them so lightly. Trust me, each extra one is just as nice as the earlier ones. Maybe after a 100 million, the law of dismissing returns kicks in but until then I doubt it.

Advertisement
Back