Cager - the possibilities

MizCane

Senior
Would love to see him used like we did David Njoku in the split out sets. He could be an enormous security blanket for the QB. Hope to see him become a 1st down machine!

We have some serious weapons to work with this year.

Advertisement
Would be huge if Cager breaks out this year. Would really help the QB if Cager is balling to go along with Richards and Thomas

This dude gets more threads than any guy with 8 catches has ever had.

P.S. Super handsome guy though.

Definitely can see him being split out like Njoku was last year. I think he'd be our most effective WR/TE in that role.

Would love to see him used like we did David Njoku in the split out sets. He could be an enormous security blanket for the QB. Hope to see him become a 1st down machine!

Original idea for a thread.

Advertisement
Careful comparing anyone to Njoku. That size/speed ratio isn't common.

Did you know that Cager was supposed to start ahead of Richards before he got injured bro?

Did you know that Cager was supposed to start ahead of Richards before he got injured bro?

Nope.
But I'm hearing he's a great looking dude (no Thread Killa).
Richards better hide the womans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cager gets more run on here than a guy who is much more likely to be a legit superstar, i.e., Herndon.

Smart money says Herndon is the guy that really breaks out in a big way this year. Still tooo many unknowns with Cager.

Advertisement
Cager gets more run on here than a guy who is much more likely to be a legit superstar, i.e., Herndon.

Smart money says Herndon is the guy that really breaks out in a big way this year. Still tooo many unknowns with Cager.

Agreed. We have to see how well he has recovered from his injury (same with Gordinier at LB). Sometimes it takes quite a while to get back to near 100%.

I do agree with the OP, and would even like to see Cager used as an H-Back (think Mondriel Fulcher).

Cager is big and stiff and couldn't create much separation even before the injury.

Keep Richards at split end where he dominated and let Berrios/Thomas/Mullins/Dallas battle it out at flanker.

QB Perry
RB Walton
HB Cager
WR Richards
WR Berrios
TE Herndon

I do agree with the OP, and would even like to see Cager used as an H-Back (think Mondriel Fulcher).

Cager is big and stiff and couldn't create much separation even before the injury.

Keep Richards at split end where he dominated and let Berrios/Thomas/Mullins/Dallas battle it out at flanker.

QB Perry
RB Walton
HB Cager
WR Richards
WR Berrios
TE Herndon

I agree he was stiff his freshman year, but last spring and summer before he got hurt very few guys on the team looked as quick as he did. I know his recovery has gone well but you never really know until the pads are on. If he can regain the form he was at last summer then I think he'll be very good.

Advertisement

QB Perry
RB Walton
HB Cager
WR Richards
WR Berrios
TE Herndon

I agree he was stiff his freshman year, but last spring and summer before he got hurt very few guys on the team looked as quick as he did. I know his recovery has gone well but you never really know until the pads are on. If he can regain the form he was at last summer then I think he'll be very good.

Appreciate the 411, Austin.

Larry is getting larger so that's why I think people are thinking of him in the Dave Njoku role.

Whatever the case, hope he comes back strong.

Rok is clueless. Most of those guys are slot guys. Cager is gonna most likely be the starter on the outside.

Rok is clueless. Most of those guys are slot guys. Cager is gonna most likely be the starter on the outside.

What does this even mean?

Were Roscoe Parrish, Santana Moss, Darnell Jenkins, Travis Benjamin "slot guys"?

Advertisement
Back