C Porter is a man out there. For this who called him soft need to eat crow

Does anyone know why we played him today instead of trying to get him a medical RS? Guy has been injured for the whole season, why play him for 2 games? Id rather have him for an extra year. Kid is going to be a BEAST here if he can stay healthy.
Because he is a sophomore this year and still has two years to play. Applying for a medical RS would be pointless because he would not stay the three years anyway

Last edited:
Advertisement
Porter is a good player. He is very strong and physical.

Problem is he's made out of tissue paper. The kid is always injured.

Can he stay healthy? That's the big question. If he can it gives our defense the chance to be really good next season.

The reason Porter got injured last year isn't on him. It was because Marcus Robinson got thrown and ragdolled like a woman attempting to hit Terelle Pryor from the blindside(!) where he inadvertently leg whipped Porter's season away. One of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on a football field to be honest. The surgery he had at the beginning of the season for whatever injury is probably on him.

Anyway I think his injury prone status needs a little reevaluation.

I've always thought he was the most talented DT on the roster--moreso than Forston. But I would never count on him. As far as I'm concerned, it's basically established that he's too fragile for this level. I've resigned myself to the idea that he's going to show up for a couple games here and there and show flashes of beastliness then get hurt and never be heard from. It's too bad because he's got explosive quickness for a guy that huge and he's likely never been in shape given the injuries.

Advertisement
Back