C/0 2016 DE Shavor Manuel already attracting big offers

Andymiles

Recruit
From Rivlas.com

Tampa (Fla.) Blake DE Shavor Manuel is still a year away from his senior season, but the 6-foot-4, 265 pound defensive end is attracting attention from some pretty big programs.

Already established as one of the best in the class of 2016, Manuel wants to take his time on the recruiting front - and just let it all sink in.

Manuel has three early offers
"The offers and attention have come since last year's season," Manuel said. "I had 19 sacks last year so my phone is ringing a lot."

Manuel had just talked with Georgia - another Big 5 school to show major interest.

"That's a big time program with a great tradition," Manuel said of Georgia. "To get a phone call from them, it's a bit overwhelming. I've been following Georgia for a while."

South Florida has also jumped in the mix.

"Since I was playing right in their back yard, I thought that would be the first team to offer," Manuel said. "They've been speaking some good stuff to me and I'm going to let that all marinate."

USF has worked hard to get Manuel to stay local, something that would be a huge advantage for the Bulls.

"I like coach (Raymond) Woodie," Manuel said. "He's been talking to me and keeping it real."

As far as early favorites go, Manuel said Miami is in the mix.

"I've been following them since I was in elementary school," Manuel said. "I like the way they play defense. They swarm to the ball. I'm a defensive guy and I believe defense wins games."

Alabama and Florida are also early favorites.

"I went up to Florida," Manuel said. "They play tough defense and win championships. They've got a mean reaction to the ball and that's my style. I actually met Will Muschamp and he was telling me all kinds of good things."

The Crimson Tide have the tradition that Manuel likes.

"They are contagious over there with the winning and the national championships," Manuel said. "That's a big-time program."

Manuel remains grounded and focused on his upcoming spring season. His camp schedule includes the Gators, Hurricanes and Crimson Tide, plus possibly Florida State and others.

"I'm just a sophomore, so there's still plenty of time."

Advertisement
Wouldn't go as far as saying this kid is a must get but... This kid is a must get. #2 player in his class and big fish like this attract other big fish. Gotta reel him in!!

"I've been following them since I was in elementary school," Manuel said. "I like the way they play defense. They swarm to the ball.
291.gif

Advertisement
From Rivlas.com

Tampa (Fla.) Blake DE Shavor Manuel is still a year away from his senior season, but the 6-foot-4, 265 pound defensive end is attracting attention from some pretty big programs.

Already established as one of the best in the class of 2016, Manuel wants to take his time on the recruiting front - and just let it all sink in.

Manuel has three early offers
"The offers and attention have come since last year's season," Manuel said. "I had 19 sacks last year so my phone is ringing a lot."

Manuel had just talked with Georgia - another Big 5 school to show major interest.

"That's a big time program with a great tradition," Manuel said of Georgia. "To get a phone call from them, it's a bit overwhelming. I've been following Georgia for a while."

South Florida has also jumped in the mix.

"Since I was playing right in their back yard, I thought that would be the first team to offer," Manuel said. "They've been speaking some good stuff to me and I'm going to let that all marinate."

USF has worked hard to get Manuel to stay local, something that would be a huge advantage for the Bulls.

"I like coach (Raymond) Woodie," Manuel said. "He's been talking to me and keeping it real."

As far as early favorites go, Manuel said Miami is in the mix.

"I've been following them since I was in elementary school," Manuel said. "I like the way they play defense. They swarm to the ball. I'm a defensive guy and I believe defense wins games."

Alabama and Florida are also early favorites.

"I went up to Florida," Manuel said. "They play tough defense and win championships. They've got a mean reaction to the ball and that's my style. I actually met Will Muschamp and he was telling me all kinds of good things."

The Crimson Tide have the tradition that Manuel likes.

"They are contagious over there with the winning and the national championships," Manuel said. "That's a big-time program."

Manuel remains grounded and focused on his upcoming spring season. His camp schedule includes the Gators, Hurricanes and Crimson Tide, plus possibly Florida State and others.

"I'm just a sophomore, so there's still plenty of time."

This article has several errors

http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/59625-2016-Shavar-Manuel-wants-to-be-a-Cane

Advertisement
Back