Bye weeks and coaching staff

Canes Device

Sophomore
I get that this maybe an old topic, but it baffles my mind how bad Miami has looked coming off TWO BYE WEEKS. They have being outscored 38-3 in the 1Q of those two games, it’s beyond pathetic and shows how far this staff is in terms of preparing a game plan that truly identifies the weakness of the opponents.

Bye weeks are supposed to be the elixir to inject life into a team and we have looked like we took sleeping pills before the game.

The worst of all is that Miami has more talent than North Carolina and VT just suck and we still found a way to spot them a 28pt lead, sh*t is ridiculous.

Please stop with this “we have had bad luck, lost all the games by one score and had the lead/tied late in 2”. At no point, in any of those games, we felt confident about a win and you know it.

This team hasn’t improved overall. I’m still optimistic about the offense, although frustrated with the PAs at times that don’t make any sense or Passing downs under center that are getting our QBs killed. Maybe my optimism is a product of watching last year offense, so any offense that looks like a real one is bound to get me to fall for it.

- QBs have been fine, can’t realistic expect greatness behind this OL, but plays have been left on the field by this position and the inexperience has shown in a few moments which is ok, but in a bad team causes games to be lost.

- WRs core so far has been ok, but sorely lacking in playmakers.

- RBs don’t have much to do other than running straight to a wall. DJ Dallas sometimes can perform a miracle and break a long run. Been disappointed by Harris, thought he had turned a page with his vision and instinct after the first two games, but he has regressed as the season continues.

- The best TE group in the country is actually just Brevin Jordan being amazing.

- Both lines are a problem and getting worse by the week. OL can’t run or pass block, so that’s not great. DL has been better against the run, but can’t consistently disrupt passing downs.

- Secondary is average at best.

- Unless they are coming downhill the LBs are a liability,

- Kicker is ugh.

- Punter might be the MVP of the season.

Advertisement
I do feel like having both bye weeks so early into the season definitely hurt more than helped us

I get that this maybe an old topic, but it baffles my mind how bad Miami has looked coming off TWO BYE WEEKS. They have being outscored 38-3 in the 1Q of those two games, it’s beyond pathetic and shows how far this staff is in terms of preparing a game plan that truly identifies the weakness of the opponents.

Bye weeks are supposed to be the elixir to inject life into a team and we have looked like we took sleeping pills before the game.

The worst of all is that Miami has more talent than North Carolina and VT just suck and we still found a way to spot them a 28pt lead, sh*t is ridiculous.

Please stop with this “we have had bad luck, lost all the games by one score and had the lead/tied late in 2”. At no point, in any of those games, we felt confident about a win and you know it.

This team hasn’t improved overall. I’m still optimistic about the offense, although frustrated with the PAs at times that don’t make any sense or Passing downs under center that are getting our QBs killed. Maybe my optimism is a product of watching last year offense, so any offense that looks like a real one is bound to get me to fall for it.

- QBs have been fine, can’t realistic expect greatness behind this OL, but plays have been left on the field by this position and the inexperience has shown in a few moments which is ok, but in a bad team causes games to be lost.

- WRs core so far has been ok, but sorely lacking in playmakers.

- RBs don’t have much to do other than running straight to a wall. DJ Dallas sometimes can perform a miracle and break a long run. Been disappointed by Harris, thought he had turned a page with his vision and instinct after the first two games, but he has regressed as the season continues.

- The best TE group in the country is actually just Brevin Jordan being amazing.

- Both lines are a problem and getting worse by the week. OL can’t run or pass block, so that’s not great. DL has been better against the run, but can’t consistently disrupt passing downs.

- Secondary is average at best.

- Unless they are coming downhill the LBs are a liability,

- Kicker is ugh.

- Punter might be the MVP of the season.

This corching staph has no clue how to utilize bye weeks. They have no clue about a lot of things (clock management, score math, play calling, personnel, etc.).

And to think last year people were saying we were a punter away...now he’s our MVP and we’re only a whole offense and defense away.
We can’t have nice things

I do feel like having both bye weeks so early into the season definitely hurt more than helped us
IDK about that, because when we played 3 straight games without a bye we still struggled so I don't think it's a rust situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back