BYE Week Press Conference: Diaz, Lashlee, Baker

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Advertisement
Why is it every week coaches say they did things we have never seen before. Your team should be prepared to immediately adjust to whatever they are doing half way through the season. Hear that on offense and defense.
Watching Packer & Durham this morning, they interviewed Dave Clawson from Wake Forest. He said the same thing; teams are having to make adjustments to the way they are playing offense or defense due to injury and guys out on COVID protocol. It isn't easy preparing each week since you dont' know what you are going to get, nevermind who is going to play. It goes for your own team, too.

Teams are finding out their identity isn't what they thought it would be in the "pre season".

to me. the more important thing is whether adjustments are made in the second half.

Advertisement
kinda surprised at lashlee's comment at the 7-minute mark, that D'Eriq King has very little experience with the zone read.

King under Briles at Houston was an RPO guy so that makes sense. Rhett runs a tempo RPO, basically, and probably doesn't ask King to run (I guess, zone/read/RPO offense would be more of a triple option?). This offense relies heavily on WRs getting open and...ya tu sabes.

That said, I do wonder if we've tried to incorporate zone/read but also not sure if that goes against everything else we do with RPO.

Why is it every week coaches say they did things we have never seen before. Your team should be prepared to immediately adjust to whatever they are doing half way through the season. Hear that on offense and defense.
Wish we were doing things our opponents haven't seen before. (Expand the play book)

Advertisement

Better question - why doesnt UM come out with no wrinkles/formations/plays/etc. that the other team has never seen on our film before? Seems like we run with the same **** every week and nothing new (small credit to Lash for the scripted first drive against UVA but rest of the game it was the same exact offense & plays with inside zone run into a wall all game...)

Susan: “ So Manny, what players are voting for Trump and which ones are voting for Biden? I have a follow-up question after that”

Advertisement
Back