Bye Week Perspective

IbzRlz

Recruit
With a bye week upon us, people constantly point to Manny's 0-4 bye week record, so I went back and looked at this:

#1 vs North Carolina - lost 28-25 and we missed 2 FGs and gave up the infamous 4th and 17

#2 vs Virginia Tech - lost 42-35 and we missed the extra point that would have given us a 36-35 lead and killed our energy. QBs threw 4 interceptions and we were down 21-0 in 1st quarter

#3 vs LA Tech in bowl game - lost 14-0 and QBs threw another 2 interceptions. Team gave up and offense was in shambles with Penos as offensive coordinator

#4 vs Clemson - lost 42-17. Played #1 team in country and were completely outmatched but team did not quit like in years past

So of the 4 games, kicking game and QB killed us in the first 3 games. We have an elite kicker now and QB play has been vastly upgraded...I don't take the Clemson game into account for obvious reasons, This bye week followed by NC State is the barometer for me in determining Manny's ability following a by week

Advertisement
First second the team came out flat. We rallied but it was too late. La tech we gave up. Clemson is Clemson. But where there’s smoke there’s fire. All four of those games we came out flat as **** and looked unprepared. We should have won 3/4. We had big deficits right off the bat. It absolutely does not deserve to be excused. Defense against unc. Offense against ****** tech. Everything against la tech. And everhthing against Clemson

Advertisement
we lost to FIU, duke, and GT on normal weeks. we sucked last year bye week or not, it didn't matter. if you're going to count the bowl game you might as well count the UF game which in retrospect was one of the more respectable performances we put up last season. the whole discussion is useless. when you're a below .500 team it doesn't matter how many days you do or don't have to prepare for being ******.

Advertisement
With a bye week upon us, people constantly point to Manny's 0-4 bye week record, so I went back and looked at this:

#1 vs North Carolina - lost 28-25 and we missed 2 FGs and gave up the infamous 4th and 17

#2 vs Virginia Tech - lost 42-35 and we missed the extra point that would have given us a 36-35 lead and killed our energy. QBs threw 4 interceptions and we were down 21-0 in 1st quarter

#3 vs LA Tech in bowl game - lost 14-0 and QBs threw another 2 interceptions. Team gave up and offense was in shambles with Penos as offensive coordinator

#4 vs Clemson - lost 42-17. Played #1 team in country and were completely outmatched but team did not quit like in years past

So of the 4 games, kicking game and QB killed us in the first 3 games. We have an elite kicker now and QB play has been vastly upgraded...I don't take the Clemson game into account for obvious reasons, This bye week followed by NC State is the barometer for me in determining Manny's ability following a by week
Oh contraire, monfraire. You are giving the Defense a pass. Lack of true coaching is the problem.

Advertisement

Unfortunately historically this is true

Seems the more time Manny is given to prepare
manny.gif
the worse he does

Hopefully, this year will be when he changes that narrative and focuses on the task at hand

Advertisement

You’re missing the point of the bye week complaints. We come out looking like we haven’t practiced in two weeks. If you take away the horrific starts we win those games. Clemson is the exception bc we weren’t gonna win that game anyway.

Carolina 1Q: 17-3

VT 1Q: 21-0 4 turnovers

LT 1Q: 0 points

Clemson 1Q: 20 yards no points

Advertisement
Back