By the numbers...

IDK. I was actually surprised some of the guys everyone is complaining about were on the field as little as they were. I guess they were just in the picture when some kind of big play happened against us...

Saban made a comment in his post game remarks about being happy he got to play 'alot of guys". Have to assume that means he subbed a fair amount. I also know the TV commentators mentioned that while he took out bryce young and put some new skill guys on the field, he left the starting OLine intact until the end.
I’m surprised you are surprised … almost as if those posters look to focus on certain things whether accurate or not….

Advertisement
Cam is good for a long run because he has speed. Especially against weaker opponents. As an every down back, he is pathetic. Looks as if he’s seeking out a way to not gain yards
Dude thinks he’s Leveon Bell. Side stepping and shuffling 5 yards behind the line with no foward momentum.

We all saw the missed tackles yesterday. Rivals has some info that the team missed 20 tackles yesterday - more than any game last season. The report says that 13 players missed one tackle and 6 players missed multiple tackles.

Clean this stuff up and maybe you help change the direction of a game
Over It Eye Roll GIF

Advertisement
Dam so this Justice Oluwaseun kid took experienced scaife position in first half of game 1.. Alot of people said all offseason scaife in natural position, he experienced, yada yada.. dude checked out since game 1 last year.. smh
Scaife is terrible and I told you all that. He is another dude who should be at FAU. Has absolutely not business playing football here. Too small!!

Seems like some of the same weaknesses popping up a again. If we don't clean things up same old song.

We all saw the missed tackles yesterday. Rivals has some info that the team missed 20 tackles yesterday - more than any game last season. The report says that 13 players missed one tackle and 6 players missed multiple tackles.

Clean this stuff up and maybe you help change the direction of a game
I can't yell this Stat loud enough.! There is simply no dammm excuse for missing tackles like we do. For God sake why do our guys suck so **** bad? I watch the game and see **** poor tackling technique constantly! If you run it back and replace our vaginal dryness, there is probably a different outcome that results in a 31-17 loss as opposed to what we got. I'd be super stoked if one of our defense leaders signed a NIL deal with vagisil to promote their best vaginal moisture products

Advertisement
Top 10 PFF grades and corresponding snap counts;

1. Jon Ford - 39 snaps
78.1 grade
81.7 run defense grade. No missed tackles and one quarterback pressure. Played bigger than stats indicate

2. Corey Flagg - 42 snaps
76.5 grade
Credited with four quarterback pressures on eight blitzing snaps. Flagg missed one tackle in the game. The official stat book has Flagg with three tackles and 0.5 tackles for loss.

3. James Williams - 24 snaps
71.1 grade
Played mainly in 3rd and 4th Q. Williams earned a 78.3 tackling grade, which was third highest on the team. Targeted once in coverage and allowed a 7 yd completion. Credited with 2 tackles and .5 tackle for loss

4. Nesta Silvera - 37 snaps
69.5 grade
Did not start but played equal snaps to other DT. Received a 75.0 run defense grade and a 75.2 tackling grade.
Credited with 4 tackles, .5 tackle for loss and 1 QB pressure

5. Zach Mccloud - 44 snaps
68.1 grade
Credited with 4 QB pressures and did not miss any tackles. Credited with 3 tackles and .5 tackle for loss

6. Te'Cory Couch - 44 snaps
67.5 grade
Played 3rd most snaps at corner (Stevenson and Ivey played more).
TC had the highest tackling grade on the team with an 81.9 grade.
Run defense grade was 77.1. He was targeted once in coverage and he did not allow a reception.

7. Xavier Restrepo - 35 snaps
67.4 grade
Scored Miami's only TD. Had 55 yds on 3 receptions to lead the team.
Targeted 5 times - caught 1 of 2 contested catches, one interception on attempted pass to him; Had one drop

8. Justice Oluwaseun - 53 snaps
63.0 grade
Replaced Scaife at RT after he allowed sack on King
Allowed one quarterback pressure on 35 pass blocking snaps.
Had a 74.2 pass blocking grade - best mark of any UM offensive lineman
Run blocking grade was a 55.7.

9. Keyshawn Smith - 56 snaps
62.7 grade
Caught 4/6 targets for 40 yards. Longest was 20 yd reception
0/1 on contested catches. Credited for forcing a missed tackle.
4/6 targets were within 10 yds of LOS.

10. Don Chaney - 29 snaps
61.2 grade
7 carries for 23 yds 1.71 ypc after contact
Caught 1 pass for 4 yards
Received a 32.6 pass blocking grade
Oluwasseun made a difference , even though we were already nude and left in the fetal position when that sub happened

how sad is it that our freshman receivers are better than our senior receivers an its not even close. Richts atrocious offensive coaching and recruiting still biting us us in the ***?

Advertisement
Scaife has joined Dee Wiggins on my “never play this guy again” list

Advertisement
Missing tackles is rampant even in the NFL..guys are flinging themselves at runners instead of wrapping up.Kids see the pros do it and think that’s the way it should be done .

Not sure when this started but it seems it’s the norm as opposed to the rare occasion.

Easy for Saban to play a lot of guys when you’re blowing out the opponent. We use to do the sane thing many years ago.

I am curious to see if Bama, Clemson and OSU’s of the world substitute nearly as much as we do.
I'm almost positive they don't, at least outside of D-Line where everyone rotates. I could absolutely be wrong, but they don't do that in the pros so i don't see why they would at bigger schools unless they're up big.

Advertisement
Back