By Manny calling Defensive Plays.....

twalcott5

Freshman
He basically becomes the DC of our Team. The whole process is not just as simple as calling the plays during a game. Having very little trust in Baker, Manny will have to design the Defensive plays, he will have to fully understand which personnel are best suited to run the plays, he will have to run the plays in practice, etc., etc. He will be with the Defense every single practice and meeting. In the meantime, what is Baker's job? What is his role? Future DC in training? Who do the defensive players listen to?

This tells me what we've already been hearing. There was a Plan A and probably a Plan B for DC hires that both fell through, so now we are into Plan C!

In the meantime, Manny has managed to step on his d*ck again by promoting a position player hire, Jess Simpson, as an Assistant Head Coach. A position coach mind you. In the meantime, Lashee, our OC over the whole offense, which by the way had a very successful year, sits in his same role. In my opinion, Lashee should have been promoted to Assistant Head Coach for Manny will have very little time, if any, to dedicate to the Offense or Special Teams.

Now in all fairness, Saban at Alabama is a Defensive coach, and as such dedicates a good portion of his time to his Defense. The main difference here is that Saban oversees everything in his Program for he has competent coaches and analysts up and down the line in which he trusts, to a certain extent, except during game time. It is then when Saban manages everything and leaves nothing in any coaches hands for it is his show and coaches are a dime a dozen.

What do you guys think??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Simpson was ***. Hc last time he was here I think. The title means even less than bakers current title. I’ve seen associate head coaches not get the interim job when a hc is fired. also, Diaz already says he spent most of this year on the defensive practice field. He can’t let go of the defense

Simpson was ***. Hc last time he was here I think. The title means even less than bakers current title. I’ve seen associate head coaches not get the interim job when a hc is fired. also, Diaz already says he spent most of this year on the defensive practice field. He can’t let go of the defense
Then Manny has digressed big time as a Defensive Coach, based on our field product and results. Is it then Baker's fault or Manny's?

If as alluded above Manny did in fact dedicate most of his time to the Defense, could he then have undermined Bakers position, for he feels responsible for, and hence why Baker is still around??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back