Buzz from Saturday’s practice

View as article
Advertisement
kimbo slice gym GIF
Hardest hitter was Kevin Ferguson.

Did you really type Stewart wasn't a #1 and hit send. Lmao y'all gotta fight back against these bitter *** takes. It's ok to acknowledge shortcomings without losing credibility.
He’s a solid player but another tiny slot guy. If UM is trying to add another starter at receiver, Stewart isn’t the guy.

This is where I am with it. There are 130-some schools in FBS and about 120 of those schools are looking for a "true alpha who's not limited" (to quote @NicKane )

I'd say it's possible there are 10-15 such players in college football, who have shown it on this level. Of those two handfuls of players... who was up for sale? How many of them moved?

Are we considering Evan Stewart a true #1? I would vehemently disagree with that take.

What other players of this caliber transferred? The Alabama kid, Bond? Is he an Alpha or a speed guy who made some big plays in the Saban machine?

We did the smart thing, IMHO. We put our money into finding a trigger man. An awesome QB can make average players look much better. I think our WR core is slightly above average with a very high ceiling now that Cam Ward is behind center
I'd love to have Evan Stewart!! Him or Horton? Lol that would be a huge pick up. Is he still available?

Advertisement
Bernard Clark was a beast

I remember thinking "oh ****" before the '88 Orange Bowl against favored Oklahoma when it was announced George Mira Jr couldn't play. The thought of an inexperienced MLB making his first start against OK's #1 ranked wishbone offense was scary.

There was no need to worry. The game was Bernard Clark's coming out party. He was a beast on the field registering 14 tackles and walked away as MVP for the game.

Last edited:
Our NIL is top five in the country, that’s a fact. We have one of the most competitive NILs in the country and there is no denying that. This is a go for it year with Cam Ward on this team and you better believe Mario’s going to go for it. so I absolutely believe we will be in the market very competitively for a number one receiver to add to this team because that’s the only thing this offense is truly missing.
we are worse at RB than we are at WR today. We are far worse on the DBackfield than at WR too.
Yeah we are top 5 NIL, which is how we got Ward, and a great recruiting class back to back. Being top5 doesn't mean you can afford everyone especially when you're at the disadvantage of needing to overpay with a suck tax.

Advertisement
Did you really type Stewart wasn't a #1 and hit send. Lmao y'all gotta fight back against these bitter *** takes. It's ok to acknowledge shortcomings without losing credibility.
Lets play a little game of name that WR:
1711335474225.png

1711335246606.png

1711335209580.png

1711335666873.png

1711335730846.png

1711335644155.png

In order: Restrepo, Jacolby George, Evan Stewart, Isaiah Bond, CJ Daniels, Juice Wells (our wrs vs the top 4 Portal WRs this summer)...lol Evan Stewarts Career stats are 1,163 yards, 91 catches (12.8 Ypc) and 6 TDs.... Wonder what Restrepo did in 2023? lol.... now ask yourself if there are going to be better wrs in Spring avaialble..

Attachments

• 1711335592754.png
    1711335592754.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It was tough to get a WR1 during the first portal period. The delay/back and forth in Cam commuting definitely didn’t help us.

Lets play a little game of name that WR:
View attachment 285291

View attachment 285290

View attachment 285289

View attachment 285294

View attachment 285295

View attachment 285293
In order: Restrepo, Jacolby George, Evan Stewart, Isaiah Bond, CJ Daniels, Juice Wells (our wrs vs the top 4 Portal WRs this summer)...lol Evan Stewarts Career stats are 1,163 yards, 91 catches (12.8 Ypc) and 6 TDs.... Wonder what Restrepo did in 2023? lol.... now ask yourself if there are going to be better wrs in Spring avaialble..
Yes statistics and statistics alone dictate a #1. This is the hard hitting content I login for.

Advertisement
Yeah that's what we need. Who is the last
certified thumper we had? Denzel Perryman?...Eddie Johnson?

Nah, we had one recently. He use to hit ****, but you knew a15 yard penalty was coming after. I can't remember his name.
His name is Awful Tackler

He was good....but no way in **** could he hit like Rod Carter or Nate Webster. Carter was EASILY the most violent hitter on UM teams that had sh*tloads of guys that would blast you.

Those guys were before my time. I vaguely remember Nate Webster, but only in the NFL. I'll see if Youtube has any highlights.

Advertisement
we are worse at RB than we are at WR today. We are far worse on the DBackfield than at WR too.
Yeah we are top 5 NIL, which is how we got Ward, and a great recruiting class back to back. Being top5 doesn't mean you can afford everyone especially when you're at the disadvantage of needing to overpay with a suck tax.
I hope we focus intensely on DBs in the spring portal season.

Advertisement
Back