Buyouts, transfer portals, mass defections, coaches recruiting for the next team......

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Who will be the first college/sponsor to create an NIL deal that pays the 85 man roster a real salary. (yes i know colleges can't deal directly)

40k a year for 85 man roster is only 3.4 million a year. That'll barely buy you a G5 coach on his way up, but it would send some shockwaves through the recruiting world.

Advertisement
Who will be the first college/sponsor to create an NIL deal that pays the 85 man roster a real salary. (yes i know colleges can't deal directly)

40k a year for 85 man roster is only 3.4 million a year. That'll barely buy you a G5 coach on his way up, but it would send some shockwaves through the recruiting world.
Why not a million per player? I would expect that for an SEC school in a few years. Maybe higher.

Its conceivable something like that will happen. And not all that unlikely. Someone creative will find a way to make a NIL deal like this work.

And then from there, if there are a couple of these NIL deals in place, a kid will be making more during their 3 or 4 years in school than on their rookie NFL contract. (except for 1st and 2nd rd-er’s)

Its conceivable something like that will happen. And not all that unlikely. Someone creative will find a way to make a NIL deal like this work.

And then from there, if there are a couple of these NIL deals in place, a kid will be making more during their 3 or 4 years in school than on their rookie NFL contract. (except for 1st and 2nd rd-er’s)
It certainly feels like we're getting close to where coaches salaries/buyouts are so high that a lot of "schools" aka boosters would be better off just directly buying the recruits.

It's more than likely where this is all headed in one way or another..... I mean you're spot on with this.... I can see this real soon....

Advertisement
Why not a million per player? I would expect that for an SEC school in a few years. Maybe higher.
A mil per player might be pushing it but you're absolutely correct in what the SEC might do when the Collegiate hostle takeover happens...LOL!!!

No way. A million per player? Even the 3rd and 4th stringers? What would be the return? Businesses don't just throw away money. There has to be a positive ROI.

Texas just did.

Seeded that fund with $10MM.

Advertisement
You don't seem to know how the the title to a thread should work.

Should probably have something to do with the content of your post.

You don't seem to know how the the title to a thread should work.

Should probably have something to do with the content of your post.
It's actually fairly simple to connect the dots sugartits

Buyouts - Tons of wasted $$ on ****** coaches.
Transfer Portals - Massive amount of kids transferring , could be curtailed with NIL contracts/payouts
Mass Defections - Might not stop kids from colleges following top HC's, but again refer to NIL contracts/payouts
Coaches recruiting for the next team - Again a great chance for colleges to shift the power back to the actual school and away from coaches and agents like Jimmy Sexton.

Most Alabama players already get more than 40k a year.

.....yes. Alabama , OSU, UGA. play a different game. This is about the rest of CFB who is recycling the same coaches hoping of for a punchers chance

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back