Buy In: Coaching Matters

TruCane81

Senior
Last night during the telecast, Herbie mentioned how when Lashlee got here, the offense didn’t have much confidence.

In just four days of spring practice, he turned it around. The players had success after being used to getting crushed by the first team defense and they have been all in ever since.

What we have witnessed these first two weeks is night and day from last years offense. We are putting up big numbers and there is still a lot to be desired from the wide receiver position. They WILL GET BETTER. When they do? Ohhhh lord.

This is what happens when you set your players up for success. We finally hit on an offensive coordinator after years of throwing the remote at the tv.

Back up the brinks truck and make this guy HAPPY.

Advertisement
Last night during the telecast, Herbie mentioned how when Lashlee got here, the offense didn’t have much confidence.

In just four days of spring practice, he turned it around. The players had success after being used to getting crushed by the first team defense and they have been all in ever since.

What we have witnessed these first two weeks is night and day from last years offense. We are putting up big numbers and there is still a lot to be desired from the wide receiver position. They WILL GET BETTER. When they do? Ohhhh lord.

This is what happens when you set your players up for success. We finally hit on an offensive coordinator after years of throwing the remote at the tv.

Back up the brinks truck and make this guy HAPPY.
i cant wait to see what likens can do with the young and incoming wr's

Advertisement
Been saying that for the better part of two decades on these boards.

Now, let's see if Manny can , or better said is willing, to make the moves that need to be done to the defensive staff. Al Golden went out and got a decent OC....and then followed that up with pure stubbornness on the other side of the ball.

Advertisement
Getting way ahead of ourselves obviously but let's say this season is legit and lashlee gets offers to be a head coach. is there an offensive assistant on this staff that could step into his shoes? Maybe Justice?

Our incompetent administration has EXCELLED at prematurely extending coaches that DIDN'T deserve it.

Hey ********, how about for once you out extend this cat, who ACTUALLY MERITS IT.

I'd wait until the end of the season just to get a little bit bigger sample size and if he holds form, voluntarily offer to make him one of the top 5 paid OC's in the country. Give him an assistant HC title as well just to hopefully temporarily quell any other temptations. I look at this guy and I honestly feel he's the first real coach we've had in this program for a LONG time.

Advertisement
You extend him now and make whoever wants him think twice about that buyout.
You have to pay him p5 assistant head coaching money or he’s gone.

I assume he wants to be a head coach but make it so there are only a few schools that would be able to outbid his current salary. I don’t see him leaving for another OC job unless the midget comes calling. But even then I think it’s head coach or bust for him. So whatever p5 warm weather team has a coach on the hot seat I would be looking out for them.

If he doesn’t accept an extension then you know where his heart is.
Anyone know how his family has adapted to sofla? Is the wife happy? Kids? That goes a long way when it comes to a decision.

The good news is Lashlee is definitely legit.

The bad news is Lashlee is legit and he's going to start getting head coaching looks sooner rather than later.

Let's enjoy this guy while we have him here. The blueprint going forward should always be running a spread on offense though.

Advertisement
This was clear as day even if you listen to Brevin Jordan post game interview and he references Lashlee first meeting, saying WE WILL SCORE POINTS! When you hear genuine belief like that and then Jordan confidence grow to point where we feel we can score anytime on anybody, thats the spread belief we have been missing.. Brevin was down right giddy, you cant fake that.. and you know where that trickle down to? RECRUITING BABY!!!

The next time some moron tries to tell you something stupid like "coaching doesn't matter in college football", or "Jimmies and Joe's over X's and O's" just lean over and whisper "Lashlee" in their ear......and then punch that fool in the God **** throat.

Lash has completely transformed this program. Pay that man stat. Make him a top 3 paid OC because that's what he is. It goes beyond the playcalling, you simply watch his interaction with King and the other offensive players and you can tell no detail goes unmissed. He's what I've been yelling for on these boards for the last 15 years.

Advertisement
Back