Button to Cancel a Reply

jkdood

All ACC
...or maybe an instruction tip would help. When I click reply to post a reply, but for whatever reason decide not to, I don't see a way to easy "cancel." I see Preview, Post Reply, and several other things. But to exit out of the in-progress attempt because I just don't want to now, I always struggle. Would be nice to click a CANCEL button, to return to a clean thread presence.

Advertisement
...or maybe an instruction tip would help. When I click reply to post a reply, but for whatever reason decide not to, I don't see a way to easy "cancel." I see Preview, Post Reply, and several other things. But to exit out of the in-progress attempt because I just don't want to now, I always struggle. Would be nice to click a CANCEL button, to return to a clean thread presence.
IN fact, I gave up, came in here. Viewed some stuff. Created this thread. THEN Went back to Eye in the Sky where I had tried that reply 20 minutes ago, and it was still stuck in the REPLY place I had started (but changed mind about.)

Just an fyi, there is a way to do this on a desktop browser. What is happening is it’s saving your reply, which is often helpful (though I get what you’re saying).

If you click the floppy disk looking icon it will give you a drop down to delete the save. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to do it on mobile.

Just an fyi, there is a way to do this on a desktop browser. What is happening is it’s saving your reply, which is often helpful (though I get what you’re saying).

If you click the floppy disk looking icon it will give you a drop down to delete the save. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to do it on mobile.
Yes that works, thanks! In case of interest to others, I didn't see the floppy-thing at first; had to click the :More Options thingy first, as pictured.
CaptureInday2.JPG

Yes that works, thanks! In case of interest to others, I didn't see the floppy-thing at first; had to click the :More Options thingy first, as pictured.View attachment 127783
So this will erase that annoying reply box retainer? So many times I start to write something and decide not to, I completely erase it all and exit the thread. Everytime I go back, it's still there or sometimes, only part of the original reply. Even more frustrating, I may reply to another post and when I post it, the aforementioned reply is attached to that one.

Advertisement
So this will erase that annoying reply box retainer? So many times I start to write something and decide not to, I completely erase it all and exit the thread. Everytime I go back, it's still there or sometimes, only part of the original reply. Even more frustrating, I may reply to another post and when I post it, the aforementioned reply is attached to that one.
Yes, just refresh the page after deleting.

Advertisement
Back