**** butkus

Sad. One those all-time greats who never saw much team success. The Bears usually weren’t very good (not much has changed).

If I am not mistaken Butkus won NFL Defensive POTY for a 1-13 Bears team.
Also was college All-American on both offense (Center) and defense.

In today's game, he would have been ejected every other Sunday with how vicious he played.

Advertisement
RIP goat. I wish I could have seen him play.

My first on-screen experience of him was the sitcom 'My Two Dads'...and my own dad prodding me 'do you know who that is?'

In an era of violent, angry linebackers that could get away with murder; on the field, Butkis was arguably the meanest.

Some of his highlight hits are absolutely brutal. Just the impact alone from many of his hits loosed the ball away from the poor unfortunate soul who previously possessed it. You often hear the phrase "The hole in the line was so large you could drive a truck through it!" Well, if there was a hole on the Bears defense line, when you tried to cross it, you basically ran into a wall that was in a very bad mood. Just an absolute BEAST.

In my opinion, one of the top three linebackers to EVER play. Arguably a top 5 defensive player ever, and top 10 PLAYER to ever play. RIP

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sad. One those all-time greats who never saw much team success. The Bears usually weren’t very good (not much has changed).

If I am not mistaken Butkus won NFL Defensive POTY for a 1-13 Bears team.
Ray Nitschke saw some! He and Jerry Kramer made me Packer fan as a kid. Played the same positions.

In an era of violent, angry linebackers that could get away with murder; on the field, Butkis was arguably the meanest.

Some of his highlight hits are absolutely brutal. Just the impact alone from many of his hits loosed the ball away from the poor unfortunate soul who previously possessed it. You often here the phrase "The hole in the line was so large you could drive a truck through it!" Well, if there was a hole on the Bears defense line, when you tried to cross it, you basically ran into a wall that was in a very bad mood. Just an absolute BEAST.

In my opinion, one of the top three linebackers to EVER play. Arguably a top 5 defensive player ever, and top 10 PLAYER to ever play. RIP

Defensive MVP on a 1 win team is absurd

Advertisement
Loved after one of those interceptions when he showed the TE the ball before running with it.
I’m thinking he said something like ….
“Here it is MF’er!”

RIP GOAT.

If CIS had it its way Ol' Butkus' tombstone would read **** Butkus.

Should I choose to write D1ck to honor the late great man or write d1ck to honor my late great package I should be able to without fear of censorship.

Absolute savage. Loved watching him play. Not sure if any of you remember his, "leaving my calling card" commercial in the early to mid 70s. RIP Legend 🙏🏾

Because I am old, I'd like to inject my childhood and Local Hero into this conversation. That would be concrete Charlie. Chuck Bednarik a. 2 way player that almost killed Frank Gifford

Advertisement
81opvj.jpg

Few if any of us were around then but I remember reading about Chuck Bednarik nearly killing Frank Gifford.

1696615355076.jpeg

1696615392601.jpeg

1696615497718.png

Advertisement
Years ago my uncle was head of security for the Dolphins and was in the locker room before a Bears Dolphins game back in the days of Larry Csonka.

One the Dolphins players ask Larry why so quite as he was tapping up.

Larry’s reply:

Butkus is here and we’re going to collide.

GOCANES

LOL “****” is getting autocensored. D$ got this place hard wired for pop up ads.

Hat tip to D monetization

Advertisement
Back