Butch on the banners

Klamalama

Board Ban Under CIS Martial Law Until 11/5/20
General managers, scouts analyze Heat; Dolphins, Canes, Panthers, Beckham/MLS chatter | Sports Buzz

### Former UM coach Butch Davis said by phone it’s “uncomfortable” seeing the banners flying overheard before Hurricanes games, the ones calling on UM to fire Al Golden and hire him. Does he feel for Golden? “I feel for all coaches,” Davis said. “It's an unbelievably difficult job and it gets harder all the time.”

So he is flattered? “I don't look at it like that,” said Davis, who has been out of coaching since the end of 2010. “You would be remiss if you didn't say you're always appreciative that people recognize you did the job, you're a good person, that you and your family made a difference in the community. It's a nice feeling to know people respected what you did and felt like you did a good job.”

Let’s make this clear: The banners will have no impact on Golden’s job security, and if anything is having a corrosive effect, according to a player. “It’s going to kill us in recruiting!” former All-American Bennie Blades said, indicating it gives recruits a bad impression of the fan base.

By the way, Laurence Levy, the superfan who shows up at sporting events all over the country wearing a Marlins jersey, told WINZ he will pay for a banner or blimp to be flown over Sun Life Stadium during a future game with the message “Keep Golden. Class, not trash.”

Advertisement
Next time Butch tells the truth to the press will be the first time. What do you guys expect him to say? Truth is: If he lays on his back while those planes are flying he might knock one of out of the sky.

I love how they go to Horatio Blades to get the UM opinion on this stuff these days. He must be UM's latest hired shill. We can always count on him to give the company man line of bullshyt about "hurting recruiting".

More genius reporting by going to an FSU fan Levy for an opinion on Folden and the banners. Of course he hates them. FSU fans love Folden.

That's why I think the FSU banner should be a message geared toward FSU fans loving Folden. Something like "FSU fans love Al Golden".

Advertisement
Next time Butch tells the truth to the press will be the first time. What do you guys expect him to say? Truth is: If he lays on his back while those planes are flying he might knock one of out of the sky.

I love how they go to Horatio Blades to get the UM opinion on this stuff these days. He must be UM's latest hired shill. We can always count on him to give the company man line of bullshyt about "hurting recruiting".

More genius reporting by going to an FSU fan Levy for an opinion on Folden and the banners. Of course he hates them. FSU fans love Folden.

That's why I think the FSU banner should be a message geared toward FSU fans loving Folden. Something like "FSU fans love Al Golden".

I concur.

Firing Day is 64 away.

Apparently, Canes fans are so hungry for Fraulden to pack his bags that we'll grasp at any hopeful sign or omen, that it might happen sooner. The Illinois thread, although BS, fit the bill (the thread, and references to it have been re-re-re-killed by CIS).

Procol Harum addressed this human need to find hope in bleakness:

In the centre of the storm
Something magic being born
When the world is torn apart
By the beating of a heart
Like a dam about to burst
Like a drunkard's crazy thirst
In the centre of the storm
Something magic being born

It's the dark hours of the soul
When the nightmares take their toll
When the shadows come to mock
Against the ticking of the clock
When the demons of the night
Come like vultures for their bite
In the dark hours of the soul
When the nightmares take their toll

It's the dawning of the day
Night-time's panic swept away
When the clouds which seemed so dark
Are exchanged for morning's lark
When the stars which burnt so bright
Are exchanged for morning light
In the dawning of the day
Nightime's panic swept away

[video=youtube;Csa6q9iSJEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csa6q9iSJEY[/video]

Let’s make this clear: The banners will have no impact on Golden’s job security, and if anything is having a corrosive effect, according to a player. “It’s going to kill us in recruiting!” former All-American Bennie Blades said, indicating it gives recruits a bad impression of the fan base.

Know what kills us in recruiting even more? Going 6-7 with a roster of NFL players.

Advertisement
Butch already went in on Folden. Of course he's not going to say anything to hostile but he knows FOLDEN is a fraud pretending to be a coach.

everyone knows that it hurts recruiting and is just a dumb idea in general. Except for the fools who pay for cash for the banner. They seem to think they are having a positive effect on selecting a new head coach. In reality you just wasted money and the school/ coach dont even care. Good job guys your really making a difference here.

I'm a diehard Miami fan and always will be....but we're at the top of list when it comes to worst fan base, we demand victory but cant even get at least 50k in the stands every game lol.

Advertisement
I'm personally not a fan of the banners but soft **** play with 6-7 records will hurt more than any banner ever will.

:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

FSU fans when they found out we were keeping Al

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Advertisement
The banners show we still have fans who care.Let them fly. any recruit that want to win will understand

Pretty sure Al Golden himself is hurting recruiting lol

Advertisement
Back