Butch Jones Going Full Mike Leach, Never Go Full Mike Leach

Advertisement
How bad is the backup lineman that some guy in a concussed haze is a better alternative?

I didn't think Leach played a guy with a concussion. I thought he just berated the kid and locked him in a dark closet. Seems like given what this article was stating that is was the right move with the closet.

Just so happened to be Adam James, Craig James son, who he locked in the closet. I'm no Leach apologist, but stories were the kid was a dbag, and dad for all intents was a dbag, so take that too.

I didn't think Leach played a guy with a concussion. I thought he just berated the kid and locked him in a dark closet. Seems like given what this article was stating that is was the right move with the closet..

He was placed in a dark storage shed in the stadium for treatment of his concussion.

That's what all the fuss was about.

Personally I thought it was much ado about nothing.

Leach, to my knowledge didnt sent his guys on the field knowingly with a concussion.

I didn't think Leach played a guy with a concussion. I thought he just berated the kid and locked him in a dark closet. Seems like given what this article was stating that is was the right move with the closet..

He was placed in a dark storage shed in the stadium for treatment of his concussion.

Leach, to my knowledge didnt sent his guys on the field knowingly with a concussion.

That's right. It was much ado about nothing except this kid had a dad with a powerful platform

Advertisement

There was more to Leach story because it was some big wig espn guy's son who was apparently a constant pain in Leach's ***. Seemed like Leach saw the concussion as a good opportunity to get the kid out of his face (kid sounded like he had a huge ego due to who is dad is so can't blame Leach too much).

Also, just FYI, waving the black flag meant a pirate WOULD show quarter (expectation was that victims who saw the black flag and gave up would be spared) whereas flying the red flag meant, "sorry bro, no quarter for you. You are going to die today."

Yeah, the Dad who went to SMU and was part of one of the most corrupt football programs of all time.

Craig James never impressed me. ;)

There was more to Leach story because it was some big wig espn guy's son who was apparently a constant pain in Leach's ***. Seemed like Leach saw the concussion as a good opportunity to get the kid out of his face (kid sounded like he had a huge ego due to who is dad is so can't blame Leach too much).

Also, just FYI, waving the black flag meant a pirate WOULD show quarter (expectation was that victims who saw the black flag and gave up would be spared) whereas flying the red flag meant, "sorry bro, no quarter for you. You are going to die today."

I mean it in terms of infantry combat.

Certain conderate units during the civil war used it, to indicate the opposite of the white flag.

Stonewall Jacksons units in particular, were notorious for waving the black flag.

And btw, TimeBomb, good to see you again. Wonder what happened to you on Shadows board. Now I know. XD

Advertisement
Stonewall Jacksons units in particular, were notorious for waving the black flag.

That is a fun bit of trivia. Didn't know that!

And what a blast from the past to get remembered from Shadow's board (I wonder if it's still active?) That really made my day. Thanks!

And what a blast from the past to get remembered from Shadow's board (I wonder if it's still active?) That really made my day. Thanks!

Stonewall was that dude. No digging in, attack, and give them the bayonet!

No prob. Still up. Low activity.

Was known as SeminoleWrappeda on the other board.

Advertisement
In case anyone missed it, hilarious exchange at Leach presser.

[TWEET]925175420214898688[/TWEET]

Craig James

Advertisement
In case anyone missed it, hilarious exchange at Leach presser.

[TWEET]925175420214898688[/TWEET]

I’m not a huge Leach fan, as far as ever wanting him to coach my team, but I am a huge fan of his shtick overall, and especially with reporters. He just fūcking owned this smartass reporter.

Wouldn’t want him as my coach, but he’s entertaining as ****.

Advertisement
Back