Butch Davis Was Successful in Two Rebuilding Projects

Advertisement
Why hire a proven winner who did it before here. Someone who built the best roster ever in college football. When you can take a flier on someone with no head coaching experience. I wanted Butch.

Because we don't care about winning..

Advertisement
University did hire a butch she's in the athletic director s office as an assistant.I guess those in power thought there's be too many butch s in the athletic department if they hired butch davis back.

I think there is a contingent (including me) who love and respect butch for what he did but wonder about does he still have it. He would need to evolve a little this isn’t the past and we should stop living in it

Would love him as HC if he would bring OC/DC with modern concepts which I think he would. But. . . . . . . Will be even want the job in 2022 when/if it becomes available?

Advertisement
I believe that Charlie Weis has 3 (not 1) Super Bowl titles as an OC.

Want him as coach?

I mean, seriously, since when does an assistant get credit for championships?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
They weren't going 0-12. They were a 6,7,8, loss program. Butch's best season was 8-5. Yawn.

They were 3-9 before he arrived.

Weren't you the same guy who was slurping away and making excuses for Shanny's staff in the gamely discussion? You're a clueless Hecht employee who just joined CIS to suck off Manny.

Last edited:
They were 3-9 before he arrived.

Weren't you the same guy who was slurping away and making excuses for Shanny's staff in the gamely discussion? You're clueless.

Ah, only two posts before you give up on logic and take personal shots.

If you're happy with 8-5, then Butch is definitely your guy.

Advertisement
Back