Butch Davis makes too much sense

KATKER

Drive by porster
He will bring ton of money in from big time boosters, a **** load of season tickets would be sold. He would increase revenue in areas of the University and he could Launch a campaign for a new stadium at Tropical Park. We wont have to pay him a ton of money so we can pay our assistants top dollar.This **** makes too much sense. Schiano would probably coach for Butch if you think about it. Even be coach in waiting when it's time.

Advertisement
Schiano ain't coming for Butch. He's going to still go for HC gigs, not saying he's going to get them, but that's what he's going to get. You could make the same case for Mullen and Richt. Either of those names will generate significant buzz in the program. Butch is a good hire, but don't turn down Richt or Mullen because of an agenda.

But my thing is richt got fired whhhyyyy and also i think he got comfortable at uga, butch is starving and will work work work

Advertisement
Richt will sell tickets. Richt or Butch is a win win. Huge upgrades over golden. Great college coaches.

Think 5 years ago it was randy edsall or AL golden n now we are talking butch Davis or Richt

Schiano was there for Butch when he needed a job, if Schiano strikes out best believe Butch will be there for him. The rent to **** high!!! This **** makes too much sense!

But my thing is richt got fired whhhyyyy and also i think he got comfortable at uga, butch is starving and will work work work

Richt may now have a chip on his shoulder. Plus, dealing with the SEC is a grind and has had to deal with Nick Saban on a regular basis. Winning the ACC is a lot easier when you just have to deal with FSU and Clemson.

Advertisement
If I were Butch and getting treated as second fiddle again I would tell them to **** off when they found out no one else was really serious about the job. Remember he left before because he kept waiting for his contract extension and Miami strung him along and made it "his fault" for leaving to take a huge pay increase in Cleveland. Now they're making him look like the fourth maybe even fifth place candidate on their list. If they hire someone like Schiano I hope they fly the banners at the f'n press conference!!!

Richt will sell tickets. Richt or Butch is a win win. Huge upgrades over golden. Great college coaches.

Think 5 years ago it was randy edsall or AL golden n now we are talking butch Davis or Richt

Butch sells more **** ill buy tickets n i never have

Schiano was there for Butch when he needed a job, if Schiano strikes out best believe Butch will be there for him. The rent to **** high!!! This **** makes too much sense!

Ok. If Schiano wants a HC gig, he's not going to come in as a college DC. There's been no indication that he wants to come back in that capacity. He may find a HC gig at another program next year. This is all speculation, just because it worked 15 years ago, doesn't mean it would work this time around. If Butch is hired, he may go after an up and coming DC who's got room to grow.

Richt may now have a chip on his shoulder. Plus, dealing with the SEC is a grind and has had to deal with Nick Saban on a regular basis. Winning the ACC is a lot easier when you just have to deal with FSU and Clemson.

But he cant beat saban how hes going to beat Fisher, butch u smash both of them when its built

Advertisement
It's gotta be Butch. Don't get me wrong I would be happy with Richt. Richt would be very good hire and immediately bolster our recruiting class. But dammit on the money front and we all know it's all about the money Butch Davis makes too much **** sense!

Advertisement

You got it. Mark is off the Bowden I'll be here forever tree. Butch is from the JJ show me the $$$$ tree. Nester vs savage.

So true

He would sell. But it wouldnt be like the buzz that Butch would bring. Its almost like the admins are afraid of the ridiculous aura and buzz around the program if Butch is the coach. He would instantly rejuvenate the entire fan base. People would just by tickets if Richt is hired because Golden is gone and everyone wants to be apart of the "hot thing to do in town"...Esp in Miami. But after a year that would wear off.

If there is any truth to a meeting with Gundy and Jimmy/Blake that could be the wild card. Give him until tomorrow to make his decision.

Advertisement
Back