Butch Davis....Clean as a whistle. UNC Academic Scandal

"Easy Classes to keep players eligible" are the same a fraudulent classes.....semantics isn't going to save Butch with UM.

You're not very bright if you think easy classes are the same as fraudulent classes. Every school in the country has easy classes. UNC's problem is not that they offered easy classes; their problem is that the classes were a total fraud where players didn't have to show up or do anything.

Advertisement
And Butch Davis was the only one that got fired or no? If he was, he got ****ed.

"Easy Classes to keep players eligible" are the same a fraudulent classes.....semantics isn't going to save Butch with UM.

Just stop.

With the exception of Stanford, every Div I football program in the nation has easy classes. At every Div I school, the athletic support staffs know what the easy courses are and they pursuade atheletes to take those easy courses.

And this happens virtually everywhere.

Even at Notre Dame and Duke, student athletes are grouped into a major that is much easier than what the classes the general student population takes.

And at large state schools, it's even easier for athletes to take joke majors. Ohio State players are notorious for this.

And again, this happens everywhere. At UM, Gino Torretta and other football players used to take a History of Rock n Roll class which was a complete joke of course.

Butch Davis did nothing wrong at UNC. The NCAA, the chancellor who hired him, the AD who hired him - all confirm he did nothing wrong. He was fired at UNC as a scapegoat to protect an inept administration.

Last edited:
Didn't St Bobby have a bunch of wins taken from him because of his involvement in similar Free Shoes Who organized fraud? He got to keep coaching. Why shouldn't Butch? Much like the Pell Grant and Nevin scandal, this NC scandal seems to be more on the administration of the universities than the sports programs. I don't understand why the Presidents and institutions are not punished. Take some professor positions away, restrict admissions, and most important, take money from them. The academics act like they are some noble, holier than thou, purer than the driven snow superior super humans, but in truth they are near useless money grubbing whores. They will lie, cheat and steal for any grant or endowment they can. Use student instructors so they can oversee their next book-also frequently being written by students.

I don't have a problem with people think highly of themselves. It is the looking down their ugly little noses that ****es me off. I received my Doctorate at 24 and manged to teach at all levels except elementary school without even actually being in the education field. School was easy for me and teaching comes natural to me. I consider myself more intelligent than 98% of people, but it has nothing to do with me. God gave me my brain and skills. I cannot stand academicians who act like they are superior to people who might have a different set of God-given talents skills. In fairness, football players are blessed with skills and talents they should not lord over others either. Neither have that much to do with what they are good at.

All that said, now let's get Butch's God-given recruiting talent back here and get to kicking some friggin ***.

It's kind of interesting that all this "news" comes about while there is a little uncertainty in Golden's future at Miami.

Almost as if it's all been planned to take course this way and Butch is next up.....

Advertisement

Just stop.

With the exception of Stanford, every Div I football program in the nation has easy classes. At every Div I school, the athletic support staffs know what the easy courses are and they pursuade atheletes to take those easy courses.

Even at Notre Dame and Duke, student athletes are grouped into a major that is much easier than what the classes the general student population takes.

And at large state schools, it's even easier for athletes to take joke majors. Ohio State players are notorious for this.

And again, this happens everywhere. At UM, Gino Torretta and other football players used to take a History of Rock n Roll class which was a complete joke of course.

Butch Davis did nothing wrong at UNC. The NCAA, the chancellor who hired him, the AD who hired him - all confirm he did nothing wrong. He was fired at UNC as a scapegoat to protect an inept administration.

Exactly, and they sure as **** weren't going to fire their pride and joy hoops head man.

UM

You're not very bright if you think easy classes are the same as fraudulent classes. Every school in the country has easy classes. UNC's problem is not that they offered easy classes; their problem is that the classes were a total fraud where players didn't have to show up or do anything.

Your not very bright if you didn't understand that the use of the word semantics was referring to UNC/the author calling fraudulent classes "easy classes".... I understand the difference. The fact that UNC is trying to call fraudulent classes "easy classes"...or individual coaches trying to claim they were aware of only "easy classes" and not fraudulent classes is not going to fly well within UM or most other universities when the topic of hiring Butch Davis comes up.

Advertisement
In the kids defense I can see how an easy class (not fraudulent ) can provide a break from a rigorous academic/football schedule. Shaq wants a BSN (Nusrsing Bachelor ) I'm worried if he will be able to take that on along with football.. Their is alot of lab and clinicals to go along with a demanding football schedule... With that being said parents need to be concerned with their kid's education. It a very small percentage of college football players making it to the league. And i guess that a large percent of those careers will not last more than six years..Parents need to get involved also... So i tell Shaq u need to put the same effort into your studies as you do on the football field.... He *** need to be able to count past potato before leaving school

Just stop.

that was a great class to be honest. i hate art (at least the actual process of making it) and didn't want to play an instrument, so it took care of my fine arts credits.

but seriously, we're kidding ourselves if we think that athletes don't take easy classes. jack mcclinton was all-acc academics and, as much as i like the guy, not the brightest kid in the world.

Last edited:
Man, I used to date a girl who attended USC and she was friends w/ Matt Leinhart. This dude was always walking around campus, just like L. White and R. Bush. So finally, one night I had to ask, why was it that I always saw Matt around campus "coincidentally" everytime I came to chill with her and my frat brothers no matter the time of the day? She said point blank, those fools were never in class. She said Matt's schedule was basically all electives including a square dancing course he had. Every student knew the big boys that were on full scholly didn't "go" to class, but they were enrolled and showed up on the "important" days only. Those guys were meal-tickets for the university and the university was going to make sure they got paid any way possible including making sure their "GPA" was on point. Every school does this, some are just not as egregious as others. It happens at the high school level, too. UNC just overdid it, but every single school outside of the Ivy League does this.

Advertisement

Just stop.

I guess you read this "news" about Stanford (produced by Stanford)

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2013/02/01/student-athlete-majors-mirror-general-student-body-choices/

Too bad the hacks at Yahoo were just smart enough to blow the myth away:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Stanford-drops-its-easy-class-list-for-athlete?urn=ncaaf-331860

Doesn't matter if he has been exonerated or not. He was there when this happened, and that is more than enough reason for the administration not to touch him with a ten foot pole.

Advertisement
abutch.jpg

Just stop.

I guess you read this "news" about Stanford (produced by Stanford)

http://www.stanforddaily.com/2013/02/01/student-athlete-majors-mirror-general-student-body-choices/

Too bad the hacks at Yahoo were just smart enough to blow the myth away:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Stanford-drops-its-easy-class-list-for-athlete?urn=ncaaf-331860

I stand corrected.

Every Div I school has easy courses for their football players.

So what exactly did Butch do wrong here?

the thing that ****es me off the most is that they made such a joke out of something that MLK died for.

Advertisement
Back