Butch Davis as Defensive Coordinator

Hstokes1447

Junior
How about replacing Mark D'Onofrio with Butch Davis as Assistant head coach/ Defensive coordinator?

I think this could be the perfect solution for the current situation. All signs point to Al being retained simply because of the large buy out and the only fix could be a slam dunk at DC. It seems like James Coley is turning the corner as a play caller and he has already proven to be lights out as a recruiter. With upgrade to the defensive side of the ball we could see the type of team we all dream of.

Reasons for Butch to take the job
1. His age could limit him in landing a head coaching job
2. Defense has always been his speciality
3. He seems to be itching to get back into coaching and coaching at Miami

Why it could be a slam dunk
1. Butch will instantly make this staff one of the most dangerous recruiting staffs in the nation
2. Butch will bring back that attacking 4-3 scheme
3. Butch has ACC coaching experience, so he has a understanding how to scheme against these teams

Advertisement
Butch ain't coming here to be no defensive coordinator, stop it. Hire him as head coach and he will choose who he wants to run his system.

Butch ain't coming here to be no defensive coordinator, stop it. Hire him as head coach and he will choose who he wants to run his system.

Butch Davis would be an EXCEPTIONAL Athletic Director. I mean one of the best. Unfortunately, his peripheral connection to the UNC academic scandal will prevent him from ever getting a chance. And that's a shame because he would be perfect here or anywhere else in that position.

Advertisement
Butch ain't gonna be no DC anywhere. He wants a head gig. I think he will get one very soon. Illinois would hire him in a heartbeat.. He would recruit Indy, Cincy and Chicago hard.

Advertisement

Butch Davis would be an EXCEPTIONAL Athletic Director. I mean one of the best. Unfortunately, his peripheral connection to the UNC academic scandal will prevent him from ever getting a chance. And that's a shame because he would be perfect here or anywhere else in that position.

I've used this one before but it's still so fitting. Some of you guys man, just hilarious.
FN3XCWB.gif

I've used this one before but it's still so fitting. Some of you guys man, just hilarious.
FN3XCWB.gif

You're clueless. Butch is a very smart, polished guy. He knows how to run an organization. He understands the value of a winning football program to a university, as well as what is required to build one. He is also very, very good with well-heeled alumni. He would put together a very competitive sports program and raise tons of money.

I'm all in on Butch as DC. It would save Al's career and restart Butch's. I think he would take it. He has not been offered a HC job anywhere. Man was always clean at Miami. Butch picking an helping Al on the close would make one **** of a recruiting team. Al would need to cede defense completely to Butch. Smart move for the administration also. Would shut most of us up for at least two maybe three years and save the huge buy out. It is the ONLY way Al Golden will ever win an NC. He could go to NFL then and school could keep Butch as HC or hire someone else to win another NC with he recruits.

Advertisement
I am all in on that. So when they fire that piece of **** Golden, they promote Butch.

Advertisement

FN3XCWB.gif

You're clueless. Butch is a very smart, polished guy. He knows how to run an organization. He understands the value of a winning football program to a university, as well as what is required to build one. He is also very, very good with well-heeled alumni. He would put together a very competitive sports program and raise tons of money.

I'm not the one making a ludicrous assessment based on absolutely nothing while also ignoring a huge scandal that the coach has been affiliated with. He hasn't coached a football team for a few years because of the scandal and now you think he'd be a great athletic director.

Don't get me wrong, I respect the man and would love for him to come back. But c'mooooon maaaannnnn.

Bring in Butch as the tooth fairy and Ray Lewis as the Easter bunny. Great idea to keep Folden as HC despite him being a proven failure in that capacity. A little pixie dust and some painted eggs will fix it all.

Advertisement
Back