"Butch can't carry Saban's jockstrap"?

Now compare them after that period.

For what?

I'm comparing them under extenuating circumstances. One was mediocre with a slap on the wrist, while the other somewhat thrived with one of the worse penalties the NCAA has ever handed down. And even if I did compare them after Butch is still better...turning around LSU & Bama, is a helluva lot different than turning around UNC.

And BTW, Bama wanted Butch in either 98' or 99', not Saban.

It is irrelevant now because neither has those circumstances today. Who cares?

Advertisement
Now compare them after that period.

i know people won't agree with me, but saban may be one of the most overrate coaches of all time. if you really knew the amount of infractions that school has been committing and the absurd amount of money the school spends on the program. same thing happend at LSU while mark emmert was saban's AD. notice how bama pulled in a #1 class prior to winning any of the 3 titles. find out about the lengths that school goes to violate rules to get those #1 classes. and then think about how regardless of how much that program cheats and doesn't even bother to hide it, it is ignored by the NCAA who is run by Saban's golfing buddy. Saban purely as a coach is him at Michigan state. watch a bama game. they run pretty basic plays. sometimes the game planning even keeps bad teams in games with them. but it doesn't matter when you have 5 star after 5 star of which most of them are also probably on PEDs. if you've followed bama since saban's tenure, you'd know that they have really become insanely dominate following Mark Emmert becoming president of the NCAA. that's no coincidence.

Last edited:
Saban also inherited a winless MSU team. Don't leave that out.

Do I think Butch is a good coach? Of course. But he's not on the same level as Saban. Doesn't mean Butch is trash, just that Saban has shown he's better over the years.

I'll take Butch over just about any other coach, btw.

Saban is not one of them though.

Do I think Butch is a good coach? Of course. But he's not on the same level as Saban. Doesn't mean Butch is trash, just that Saban has shown he's better over the years.

Correct. The OP made a terrible porst.

Advertisement

I'll take Butch over just about any other coach, btw.

Ah, no he didn't. Perles finished 5-6. MSU had to vacate their wins that year. MSU went on probation. I believe they lost 7 scholarship total.

Saban is the best coach in college football in the last 30 years and will be regarded as one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.
so it is completely unfair to compare Saban to Butch or Saban to any other current coach including meyer he is head and shoulders above everyone

Advertisement
The market determines value:

If Saban left Bama tomorrow, programs would be in line for him.

In fact, there are rumors that he will go to the NFL next season!

Butch has been out of work for 5 season ...

That's the only fact that matters.

Butch is not close to Saban or Urban Meyer or Pete Carroll or Jimmy Johnson. He's Mack Brown ... And both are past their prime, and neither are good enough to overcome that, IMO.

OP, comparing UM to a middle of the road Big 10 program with access to Midwest recruits that were only leftovers that Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. didn't want makes your post fallacy.

Saban is top 5 greatest coach in college football history.
Say WHAT?!!!

Nick Saban Is The Best College Football Coach Of All Time, Something We Should Appreciate
Forbes Welcome

Debate: Where Does Nick Saban Rank Among All-Time Great CFB Coaches?
Debate: Where Does Nick Saban Rank Among All-Time Great CFB Coaches? | Bleacher Report

Low: Is Saban the greatest of all time?

College football -- Is Alabama Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban the greatest of all time?

not fair to compare Butch to Saban

Advertisement
LOL. OP typed that **** with tears streaming down his cheeks while standing outside UMArcher's house staring at an image of The Virgin Butch in the condensation on one of Arch's windows. Forgive him. He's deeply indoctrinated.

Butch Davis has the same number of 10+ win seasons as Greg Schiano, Mike Leach, Charlie Weis, Lane Kiffin, and Mark Mangino.

Advertisement
LOL. OP typed that **** with tears streaming down his cheeks while standing outside UMArcher's house staring at an image of The Virgin Butch in the condensation on one of Arch's windows. Forgive him. He's deeply indoctrinated.
Dead

I love Butch, but it's his own fault that he's not mentioned in the same breath as Saban as a college head coach. He walked away from a potential dynasty here.

Saban purely as a coach is him at Michigan state. watch a bama game.

You feel me [MENTION=7557]gfer1988[/MENTION]!

That's all that $h!t is is B10 football in the SEC with better athletes.

But now you got these Saban Slobbers via Mario hollin' bout'..."Oh,Oh, He worked under the Saban banner", or, "Oh,oh, He worked under Saban for 2 years"...like some hoes.

FOHWTS!

I get where you are coming from but lets not pretend like sabans talent was the same that butch had at miami.

Advertisement
Back