Butch Barry's wish list?

I think when the recruits see fsu going 5-7 again or 6-6 that's going to cut out any momentum they have. Kids want to play around winners. The seat will be so hot for Taggart. We all know he OL and QB issues.. that's a recipe for disaster. Winning on the field this year really will determine if we have a 2018 or a 2019 type of class.
FSU is such a disaster man what a time to be alive

Advertisement
I’m guessing it’s a developmental thing. There not taking dudes to start this or next year and are taking a page from schools that have dominant o lines with dudes they have developed. I also assume it’s a bag thing with the top oline guys. Bama and the rest spend a lot of money on dudes that don’t pan out on that Oline.
Dominant o lines are full of seniors and juniors.
I think last year’s Wisconsin team had like two 5th year guys on it on top of some 4th year guys.
None of that explains how we take 6 OL ... or why we would. We get 25 new starters. There are other position needs. 5 is enough. Save a spot for next year. Dont blow up the roster like that. You end up taking very few for next two classes then hving a mess again in a few years. Not wise, imo. If we need more guys get a juco so you have class spacing.

None of that explains how we take 6 OL ... or why we would. We get 25 new starters. There are other position needs. 5 is enough. Save a spot for next year. Dont blow up the roster like that. You end up taking very few for next two classes then hving a mess again in a few years. Not wise, imo. If we need more guys get a juco so you have class spacing.
I’m with you my dude. I’m just throwing out speculation. We don’t have 6 commits yet. We might be getting rid of some dudes as well. But yeah 6 is a lot.

pull the receipts cuz i don't believe you at all
Literally looked for over an hour and found the comment but I read it wrong. One word can make such a difference lol. But there was an article where Dumervil finally mentioned us and might visit.

Advertisement
Im perfectly fine with Rivers smith Washington denis and walker. No need for 6 plus Nelson is legit even if dumervil comes either walker rivers or Dumervil will transfer.
I don’t understand the mentality people have about not wanting to recruit people to prevent future transfers. Can’t stack chips and recruit like that at the same time. Besides if 1 of those 3 were to transfer in that hypothetical scenario, it means we got the better 2 of the 3 haha...

He mentioned Miami in one of his interviews at the opening.
Yeah, I remember that and totally ignored it. Well didn't totally ignore it but I need actions. When does he plan on visiting and seeing the campus and the coaches. This dude is not (Really) interested in Miami.

Walker's not trolling his interest in Miami is legit. His folks want him close to home & he really does have a great connection with Coach Barry. We'll land him if we handle our business on the field & win.

If we sh*t the bed this season then you know how it goes... As of right now we lead, but will have to battle with FSU for him as well. We can win that battle the same way we did with Donaldson's recruitment.

For the lone fact that he wants to stay in state should show he has legit interest. No way a recruit who wants to play in Florida who doesn’t go to Lakeland or is from the Panhandle could not have serious interest in us right now

Advertisement

You’re implying none of the supposed 6 redshirt and none of them leave after 3 years. 6 guys staying all 4 years never happens

I agree; but Smith or Washington might not make it if bigger names want in; although I see Washington as a prototypical Barry guy; underrated, w God given gifts that will be coached up to an All American

Walker's not trolling his interest in Miami is legit. His folks want him close to home & he really does have a great connection with Coach Barry. We'll land him if we handle our business on the field & win.

If we sh*t the bed this season then you know how it goes... As of right now we lead, but will have to battle with FSU for him as well. We can win that battle the same way we did with Donaldson's recruitment.
So what happens if we both schit the bed?

Advertisement
They may have told him that because they may have been willing to move onto of Kris Love. If Dumervil wants in they will find a spot for him even if they have to drop someone like Washington or Smith.
Do they have a chance with Love??

Do they have a chance with Love??

I think so. Kid worked out twice for Barry in less than a month right before dead period in hopes of landing an offer. I believe Barry also went out to evaluate him during his spring practices. If Denis announces his commitment to another school I believe you will see Love immediately get that offer.

Advertisement
You’re implying none of the supposed 6 redshirt and none of them leave after 3 years. 6 guys staying all 4 years never happens
I am implying nothing of the sort. Precisely the opposite. Pick your best 5 and move on. Signing extra kids some of whom will depart when we have other roster needs and a 25 man limit is precisely the type of lazy overreaction that characterized the prior four staphs. This should be obvious. We do not need more than 5 OL. We just need to EVALUATE properly.

Advertisement
Back