Butch Barry

Frankly, if I was in Manny's shoes( I wouldn't be, because there's no way in **** I would have built such a crappy staff), I would be looking at Addazio as the OL/Recruiting Coordinator and go out and find someone like Chad Morris to be the QB/OC. Miami can afford those guys right now. Why? Because their previous schools would be paying part of their salaries. Miami can pay Chad what they are paying Enos, and he still comes out on top, because Arky is still on the hook for whatever he was making in the first place. In fact, they could pay him less, Arky is picking up the tab for a couple of years. Same with BC and Addazio. There's no reason why Miami can't upgrade with some of these guys who were **** good assistants. Then again, I doubt Morris and Addazio would want to work for such a pathetic lightweight in Diaz.
There is absolutely no reason why Manny should stand pat on Offense with the level of coaching talent out there to be had

Advertisement
There is absolutely no reason why Manny should stand pat on Offense with the level of coaching talent out there to be had

The question is, why would the level of coaching talent to be had, settle for working for Manny Diaz?

Just curious how did NC line do with Searles as the O.Line when we played them they didn't seemed as inept as we were

Frankly, if I was in Manny's shoes( I wouldn't be, because there's no way in **** I would have built such a crappy staff), I would be looking at Addazio as the OL/Recruiting Coordinator and go out and find someone like Chad Morris to be the QB/OC. Miami can afford those guys right now. Why? Because their previous schools would be paying part of their salaries. Miami can pay Chad what they are paying Enos, and he still comes out on top, because Arky is still on the hook for whatever he was making in the first place. In fact, they could pay him less, Arky is picking up the tab for a couple of years. Same with BC and Addazio. There's no reason why Miami can't upgrade with some of these guys who were **** good assistants. Then again, I doubt Morris and Addazio would want to work for such a pathetic lightweight in Diaz.

Miami can afford them because in 2019 they’re paying their head coach in the 3 million and change range .

Funny that Hillery was getting beaten like a government mule out there last night. McKinnie pointed him out as blowing him off when he was trying to teach him technique earlier in the year.

Hillery is not a miami lineman. Years later, I still can't believe Searles took him after watching him lose EVERY single rep at Paradise camp. Didn't matter if the opposing lineman was a future UGA DT, FIU DE, UF walk-on, etc. They all destroyed him.

Advertisement
Hillery is not a miami lineman. Years later, I still can't believe Searles took him after watching him lose EVERY single rep at Paradise camp. Didn't matter if the opposing lineman was a future UGA DT, FIU DE, UF walk-on, etc. They all destroyed him.

Yeah, I remember people talking him up that he was a great reclamation project that by year 3 would start coming into his own. We're at year 3 and he doesn't look like a D1 lineman.

I’m hoping this is sarcasm. How can our OL be unable to get their hands on a DL? Herbert et al were incapable, horrific.

I agree he SHOULD NOT be fired.. as if he has a magic wand to make these kids better than they are in less than one season.

Advertisement
We are gonna find out in the next 30 days how bad Manny's need to be right is. If no one goes, lets start saving for two more billboards.

How do you evaluate Barry? He was given nothing to work with. The only thing Donaldson will lift is cheeseburger, pizza, and cake. Scaife is the best lineman, he'd be a backup anywhere else. Nelson shouldn't be playing. The OC thinks he brought Ala oline with him to Miami. But someone has to be sacrificed for this 6-6 debacle.

It's not just the technique, it's the scheme. These guys are blocking air sometimes and other times 2 guys are blocking 1 and guys are running free. Scaife should have been much better just from reps/experience but he wasn't...
Or maybe our linemen are just that terrible. Sometimes a two-star is just a two-star.

Advertisement
Tampa's oline was terrible under Barry, hence why he was ****canned.
I never thought he was a good oline coach, certainly the oline hasn't shown much. I believe we can do better.

Advertisement
These fools made Duke look like Bama or Clemson, one of the worst performances I have ever seen.

Say it ain't so, Hose.

Grandpa Cutcliff's lowly squad comes into the game with a " five game " losing streak, and ends it with a TUMBLING train wreck of a team. Go figure.

The bottom line: After that abortion of a game against ALMIGHTY Davis' squad, it seems the players have CHECKED OUT for the season. Yikes. And that's a mighty BAD OMEN for the bowl game. No matter who the opponent is when the official announcement is made come Sunday noir. hUh. Diaz will be made to look like the inept bumbling fool, again. But then again, perhaps Diaz' falling apart squad will make a competitive showing against LIBERTY U.

Advertisement
Back