Butch Barry Appreciation Thread

standing o.gif

Maybe there's a reason this goofy looking ****** was only the assistant OL coach in Tampa. Another great hire by Manny!

THE REBUILD CONTINUES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why didn’t we have Stephen fields help recruit lineman with him this year? Butch Barry literally never recruited at this level before
Neither has Stubbs, Stroud, Patke, Hickson etc. This staff's recruiting resumes is as bad as it can get at a school like Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Between Botch Berry & Lazy Patke, the two of them are arguably the GREATEST position Corches in school history.

I'm talking about ELITE ELITE Corching.
The patke hire has been super laughable

dude can’t coach a lick
special teams is a joke... zero development of a kicker... terrible coverage.... punting was atrocious.. saved by an Aussie who was very well coached before arriving

Oh and he can’t fugggging recruit his own family member if he tried

Advertisement
The patke hire has been super laughable

dude can’t coach a lick
special teams is a joke... zero development of a kicker... terrible coverage.... punting was atrocious.. saved by an Aussie who was very well coached before arriving

Oh and he can’t fugggging recruit his own family member if he tried

And out of the "Bermuda Triangle 2", only Shaq hasn't regressed or run-in-place since his Freshmen year, all through his own self-development. Pinckney is still hitting the wrong holes, and McCloud is arguably worse than he was three years ago. We had two animals join the team last year in Brooks and Huff, and they didn't deliver to promise, either.

I feel like Barry gets fired first, though, because he's not Manny's boy, whereas Patke is. I have a serious concern that Manola is like Golden and won't fire his followers.

Fields? The TE coach? He signed a TE we've wanted all cycle and his 2nd target isnt signing until February. Hes not a problem right now.

When you're job is being a legit recruiter moreso than coach, you need to recruit more than 2 guys a cycle. I'm tired of the position coach being the only one held to a standard of recruiting.

So an Oline and Dline coach has to recruit 10-15 guys (where coaching is also critical) but a RB and TE coach is only responsible for 2-4? Those lesser critical coaching positions are where the recruiters are put.....they need to help out at all positions.

Advertisement
Back