Burrow

And Alex Smith was on deaths door a time or 2. Burrows injury, although serious, is not life threatening as a bone break that protrudes through the skin.
Alex Smith was on death's door because of infection and he went septic. No matter how good the doctors are there is always a chance of infection and sepsis, which is life-threatening

Advertisement

a lot of fools ITT. Including the dudes buying up overproduced rookie cards from junk wax era 2.0. Can't wait for that bubble to burst.

People look at knee injuries and think it's still 1989. Technology has changed. Orthopedics has changed.
Yup. No idea why people keep using "career ending" when they see a bad injury. Alex Smith **** near lost his leg and still came back.

Advertisement
Yup. No idea why people keep using "career ending" when they see a bad injury. Alex Smith **** near lost his leg and still came back.

Well, yeah. But did he really? And I'm not arguing with you, per se. Career ending is VERY few and far between these days with the marvels of modern medicine. But Alex Smith's really was career ending. He only played last year because he was already Alex Smith. He had no business on the field. If a guy with that leg and that ability randomly stumbled into the Washington facility and his name was Alec Smythe, he'd have been laughed off the field.

That being said, I was so **** happy for that dude. Even if it was a glorified Make A Wish situation. To even get back to the point that he did, as completely limited as he was, is still a ridiculously great accomplishment. I am fully in favor of making the Comeback Player of the Year award permanently the Alex Smith Comeback Player of the Year Award.

I read that Burrow wasn't cleared to go hard today - he's about 85% back to normal. Bengals had a 100% turnout for the first day of OTAs. Burrow wanted to be out there with the team. Guy is a born leader.

Advertisement
I read that Burrow wasn't cleared to go hard today - he's about 85% back to normal. Bengals had a 100% turnout for the first day of OTAs. Burrow wanted to be out there with the team. Guy is a born leader.
Yea, he’s not cleared for contact or anything. The coach was saying he didn’t want anyone within 10 ft of him. He’s not even 9 months away from tearing 3 major ligaments though. Being at 85% right now is incredible.

Advertisement
You planet fitness, ***get. I’m about to take the 130s for a ride on the incline. That’s double what you peen lickers at planet fitness are allowed
No Way Movie GIF by 1091

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back