Burgess Owens on Fox and Friends this morning

Gatorhater

All-American
Aside for the politics, one of our greats was on this morning giving shout out about being at the ND game and our kids hands over hearts, kneeing in end zone in prayer and then kicking butt. Born in Columbus OH, high school in Tally --- just shows that going to THE U can make a great man out anyone, regardless of flawed beginnings.

Advertisement
First team All-American, 10-year NFL career, Super Bowl winner. Just a terrific defensive back at Miami. There is a reason why he is in the Ring of Honor.

I was in grad school when Burgess was at UM. I would see him most of the time when he was going to class. I knew him slightly. I knew Chuck Foreman much better because Chuck would be on the outdoor basketball courts where I could be found most of the time.

During Owens' senior season, his man only caught 2 passes total. Part of that was teams didn't throw it as much then as they do now, part of it was Burgess provided great coverage, and part of it was the other team threw to the other side of the field. Chuck went to the Vikings as the 12th overall pick in the draft and Burgess went to the Jets as the 13th overall pick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Negged for watching Fox and Friends

when your at the top, the haters gonna hate!

considering its the most watched cable new show and more viewers than all the others combined, yeah I would go on there also. I'm mean, if the airports didn't force cnn down our throats, cnn would be out of business.

Advertisement

And what does kneeling in the end zone have to do with anything?

That would be a typical Fox and Friends thing to say. That because somebody has their hand over their heart or kneels in prayer that they must therefore be a good person.

How about they're just good college kids playing a game and having fun?

I was in grad school when Burgess was at UM. I would see him most of the time when he was going to class. I knew him slightly. I knew Chuck Foreman much better because Chuck would be on the outdoor basketball courts where I could be found most of the time.

During Owens' senior season, his man only caught 2 passes total. Part of that was teams didn't throw it as much then as they do now, part of it was Burgess provided great coverage, and part of it was the other team threw to the other side of the field. Chuck went to the Vikings as the 12th overall pick in the draft and Burgess went to the Jets as the 13th overall pick.

Both Chuck Forman and Burgess Owens gave me wrist bands when I was a kid at the Orange Bowl. These were the days before Miami was the U

when your at the top, the haters gonna hate!

considering its the most watched cable new show and more viewers than all the others combined, yeah I would go on there also. I'm mean, if the airports didn't force cnn down our throats, cnn would be out of business.

Simply amazing that so many let these talking heads for "corporate" agendas shape your beliefs. If it weren't for the Canes we probably wouldn't interact.

Advertisement
Back