BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

Why was The Rock the guest picker for Colorado? Dont they have any famous alumni?

What about the Olympic Skier who played football at Colorado and was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for getting a skiing sponsorship so he could train for the Olympics. He would have been a perfect guest to have on.
he was McAfees guest. both were in denver friday night for Smackdown (the rock did a segment on SMackdown w McAfee (Mac did the peoples elbow after the rock did it on the segment).

Advertisement
Robert Redford
That would have been good. He's gotta be close to 90 now right? Wheel him out like Commander Pyke from Star Trek.

1695064245789.png

You’re calling @Canedude08 emotional but he’s accurately and objectively calling out the idolatry on both sides.

And you’re taking Deon’s side in the JSU vs. Sanders who paid for what, who fulfilled or broke their commitment… but I don’t think you have the inside information to make that judgment.

JSU even issued a statement that Deon didn’t fund the center he just donated “certain amenities he wanted”https://www.reckon.news/news/2022/1...ed-half-his-salary-to-jsu-is-a-prime-lie.html

The one thing that isn’t in doubt is that Deon’s claims of investing his own funds in JSU created a better return for Deon than JSU.

1. Go back & read

2. U can think what u want, & I’ll just leave it like that. I’m not a clout chaser.

Man, I’ve been staying away from the main boards for a minute b/c this spot has become way, too, toxic. However, I’m going to chime in & walk away from this.

1. Zo is in an admin position, now. There’s a way to handle a lot of stuff when u’re in leadership vs. being a former player. Sometimes when u post things publicly, it can have an adverse affect. Now, it’s giving Deion & CU more undue attention as it’s highlight more of the “Prime Effect” where former great players of a past rival school is spending their Saturday’s in Boulder vs. their Alma Mater. I agree w/ Zo sentiments, but would rather it had been via private messages vs. unintentionally adding to the hype machine.

2. I respect Deion as the player; I’ve said numerous times that I wish he & Derrick Brooks were Canes. Deion as person, I don’t know him. What I perceive is he’s a self glorifying hype machine, but that doesn’t mean he’s one as a person. What I do know is Deion, as a NFL legend was involved in youth football & came up the long way (pause) to become a P5 coach. That says something, if imma be honest.

3. @Canedude08 Ur sentiments sound good, but my ninja u constantly spit emotional facts on this board vs. facts. U never attended a HBCU, yet u said it needs to be protected. What I agree w/ u on is Deion saying God called him to the HBCU & he preyed on folks emotions by using such verbiage. That’s always been my biggest issue, not just w/ Deion, but w/ ppl in general saying it was their “calling” only to bounce at a better opportunity presented. HOWEVER, even w/ that being said, u have some things incorrect.

-We praised Richt for using his own funds to help get Miami Athletics step in to the 21st Century, yet Deion used his own funds & his connections to help JSU step into the 20th Century. No one talks about that

-Many HBCUs have been misappropriating funds for yrs. HBCU athletics have been their own worst enemy, which is y JSU have bled through Presidents. The Admin at JSU broke several promises towards Deion & his staff, where they wanted their hand out from the new found exposure, but wasn’t reinvesting to continue to grow. Deion said many times it wasn’t about the $$ for him, but he felt guilty that his staff wasn’t remotely making the $$ they deserve

-Do you not recall Ed Reed tearing BCU a new one for the ineptitude found w/in their admin?

-If u recall, almost immediately Deion’s personal items were stolen from him on campus.

-We praise coaches who go from FCS to G5 to P5 schools all the time, but Deion got an opportunity to expand his coaching portfolio, his sons’ NFL opportunities, and he’s villainized. Again, I agree he should’ve never brought God & his calling into the situation, but what he did was what other coaches have done for yrs, that includes going back to their Alma Maters just to get a bigger job.

4. Hate or love Deion, but what he’s done for CU’s image in yr 1 is unimaginable, **** near unfathomable. First off, CU was projected to win less than 3 games this yr by all the experts. The reason CU & Sanders is getting so much love & hype is b/c they went on the road against a Top 25 team (at the time) & punched them dead in the mouth. They were supposed to be blown out that game. If CU loses game 1, we don’t see this hype.

5. I find it hypocritical that Deion was lambasted for turning over CU’s roster, a roster that went 1-11 last year, & 14-28 over the previous 4 yrs, yet we praised Mario for telling parents to get their kids and pushing transfers from a roster that went 7-5 in 2021 and 28-21 over 4 yrs. The fact is, Colorado is a program that’s gone 89-152 over the past 20 yrs. Colorado is going to make more $$ in merchandise, media, and ticket sales this yr than their past 5 yrs combined. Whether u hate him or love him, that’s impressive. And yes, a roster change needed to happen, just like our roster needed overhauling. He took advantage of a NCAA rule

6. Mike Irvin & Deion are fa sho friends, & I know this factually. Warren was a colleague for many years w/ Deion on the NFLN, & was close to joining Deion’s staff at JSU. It’s now rumored he may be joining Deion’s staff at Colorado. The Rock & Deion bonded at UA. Both were ambassadors for the brand & Plank is a great friend to both. All 3 of those men are off in to the sunset of their lives. Was I upset they were at CU supporting Deion knowing this info? Nope. Was I taken aback seeing them rock CU gear? A lil, but it’s not like they were rocking Deion’s FSU jersey. If I saw that, I would’ve lost it.

7. CU may not be anything more than a hype train for 3 weeks. The media loves Deion now, but don’t think for one second they are not salivating to see CU lose their first game. Deion knows this as well

8. This board has been giving way too much undue attention to things or programs that have chit to do w/ us. One thing I do know is if Deion was a Cane, everything he does would be praised & justified. The reason I stop my association w/ the main board is due to a lot of disingenuous, hypocrite post. Plus, there’s no more OBJECTIVE discussions. It’s extreme on either side. For God’s sake, I peruse & I see @Tru C & @Suhrthing going back & forth, being Disrespectful AF on a simple subject about a guy who DON’T EVEN CLAIM FSU & haven’t wore that jersey in over 30 yrs.

At the end of the day, it USED to be all about The U, but now it’s become all about Deion, Norvell, Saban, Kiffin, former recruits, etc. etc.

Anyways, ya’ll can go back to ur regularly scheduled program of extending a non-starter topic about some old guys who are friends and former colleagues.
Relly I got you............good points...but if Sapp joins Deion... as you said was rumored then heaven help Colorado.....I wouldn't trust that dude out of sight..and even in sight I would be watching his A**

Why was The Rock the guest picker for Colorado? Dont they have any famous alumni?

What about the Olympic Skier who played football at Colorado and was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for getting a skiing sponsorship so he could train for the Olympics. He would have been a perfect guest to have on.

Rae Carruth had a scheduling conflict...

Advertisement
What irks me the most isn't Deion. It's the double standard that the media has. If any of our players did the **** Sanders kid does we'd be crucified. Could you imagine if one of our players was running around shoving his Rolex in peoples faces or being caught on tape trying to eye gouge an opposing player Ric Flair style? Their would be non-stop articles on "Thug U" and how the U is bad for college football. Instead it's "look how Deion is making football so fun and interesting."

Man, I’ve been staying away from the main boards for a minute b/c this spot has become way, too, toxic. However, I’m going to chime in & walk away from this.

1. Zo is in an admin position, now. There’s a way to handle a lot of stuff when u’re in leadership vs. being a former player. Sometimes when u post things publicly, it can have an adverse affect. Now, it’s giving Deion & CU more undue attention as it’s highlight more of the “Prime Effect” where former great players of a past rival school is spending their Saturday’s in Boulder vs. their Alma Mater. I agree w/ Zo sentiments, but would rather it had been via private messages vs. unintentionally adding to the hype machine.

2. I respect Deion as the player; I’ve said numerous times that I wish he & Derrick Brooks were Canes. Deion as person, I don’t know him. What I perceive is he’s a self glorifying hype machine, but that doesn’t mean he’s one as a person. What I do know is Deion, as a NFL legend was involved in youth football & came up the long way (pause) to become a P5 coach. That says something, if imma be honest.

3. @Canedude08 Ur sentiments sound good, but my ninja u constantly spit emotional facts on this board vs. facts. U never attended a HBCU, yet u said it needs to be protected. What I agree w/ u on is Deion saying God called him to the HBCU & he preyed on folks emotions by using such verbiage. That’s always been my biggest issue, not just w/ Deion, but w/ ppl in general saying it was their “calling” only to bounce at a better opportunity presented. HOWEVER, even w/ that being said, u have some things incorrect.

-We praised Richt for using his own funds to help get Miami Athletics step in to the 21st Century, yet Deion used his own funds & his connections to help JSU step into the 20th Century. No one talks about that

-Many HBCUs have been misappropriating funds for yrs. HBCU athletics have been their own worst enemy, which is y JSU have bled through Presidents. The Admin at JSU broke several promises towards Deion & his staff, where they wanted their hand out from the new found exposure, but wasn’t reinvesting to continue to grow. Deion said many times it wasn’t about the $$ for him, but he felt guilty that his staff wasn’t remotely making the $$ they deserve

-Do you not recall Ed Reed tearing BCU a new one for the ineptitude found w/in their admin?

-If u recall, almost immediately Deion’s personal items were stolen from him on campus.

-We praise coaches who go from FCS to G5 to P5 schools all the time, but Deion got an opportunity to expand his coaching portfolio, his sons’ NFL opportunities, and he’s villainized. Again, I agree he should’ve never brought God & his calling into the situation, but what he did was what other coaches have done for yrs, that includes going back to their Alma Maters just to get a bigger job.

4. Hate or love Deion, but what he’s done for CU’s image in yr 1 is unimaginable, **** near unfathomable. First off, CU was projected to win less than 3 games this yr by all the experts. The reason CU & Sanders is getting so much love & hype is b/c they went on the road against a Top 25 team (at the time) & punched them dead in the mouth. They were supposed to be blown out that game. If CU loses game 1, we don’t see this hype.

5. I find it hypocritical that Deion was lambasted for turning over CU’s roster, a roster that went 1-11 last year, & 14-28 over the previous 4 yrs, yet we praised Mario for telling parents to get their kids and pushing transfers from a roster that went 7-5 in 2021 and 28-21 over 4 yrs. The fact is, Colorado is a program that’s gone 89-152 over the past 20 yrs. Colorado is going to make more $$ in merchandise, media, and ticket sales this yr than their past 5 yrs combined. Whether u hate him or love him, that’s impressive. And yes, a roster change needed to happen, just like our roster needed overhauling. He took advantage of a NCAA rule

6. Mike Irvin & Deion are fa sho friends, & I know this factually. Warren was a colleague for many years w/ Deion on the NFLN, & was close to joining Deion’s staff at JSU. It’s now rumored he may be joining Deion’s staff at Colorado. The Rock & Deion bonded at UA. Both were ambassadors for the brand & Plank is a great friend to both. All 3 of those men are off in to the sunset of their lives. Was I upset they were at CU supporting Deion knowing this info? Nope. Was I taken aback seeing them rock CU gear? A lil, but it’s not like they were rocking Deion’s FSU jersey. If I saw that, I would’ve lost it.

7. CU may not be anything more than a hype train for 3 weeks. The media loves Deion now, but don’t think for one second they are not salivating to see CU lose their first game. Deion knows this as well

8. This board has been giving way too much undue attention to things or programs that have chit to do w/ us. One thing I do know is if Deion was a Cane, everything he does would be praised & justified. The reason I stop my association w/ the main board is due to a lot of disingenuous, hypocrite post. Plus, there’s no more OBJECTIVE discussions. It’s extreme on either side. For God’s sake, I peruse & I see @Tru C & @Suhrthing going back & forth, being Disrespectful AF on a simple subject about a guy who DON’T EVEN CLAIM FSU & haven’t wore that jersey in over 30 yrs.

At the end of the day, it USED to be all about The U, but now it’s become all about Deion, Norvell, Saban, Kiffin, former recruits, etc. etc.

Anyways, ya’ll can go back to ur regularly scheduled program of extending a non-starter topic about some old guys who are friends and former colleagues.
Naw bro this aint the spot for this long *** well thought out detailed ****.

1. Go back & read

2. U can think what u want, & I’ll just leave it like that. I’m not a clout chaser.

Not sure what clout chaser has to do with anything.

Don’t need to reread. You call another poster out for “emotional facts” as you’re dropping emotional facts all over your post. Ironically the poster you called out was making the most accurate objective observation of the whole thread.

Deon running his own PR campaign for donating some “amenities he wanted” (in the words of JSU spokesperson) is factually not in the same universe as Richt quietly donating a million dollars to a facility fund.

Well said..........for me as die hard Cane alum.......everyone can be Canes, but when...... as Zo thinks the line was crossed to wear some other schools colors and promote said school.......then it should be shouted from the rooftops.....

What the **** are you doing?....wear a neutral shirt, say your shtick....but when that recruit watching the show says..."what the **** is going on with those Canes?".."why did Sanders say, did you hear what he said recruits?"......that is when Zo drew the line....and said "Nah, that ain't flyin" this is a kickoff toss of the coin moment and I am going to say what the ****!!

One question OCC and this is real.........IF Zo felt put out.....how do we feel Mario feels when his brothers are out there, and a contested recruit says..." I thought you Canes were loyal and had each others back, how come those Cane dudes were wearing Colorado gear?"...what does Mario say...."they were friends".....
I say...bull excrement.....
Zo is right....support but never cross the line from being a real Cane....

I'll make this simple.

I went to school with Michael (couple years ahead of me) and Dwayne (couple years behind me). Sapp was another year or two behind Dwayne. Those guys played for JJ and/or Dennis when UM had an incredibly strong work ethic.

By comparison, Deion was known for his selfish play during his college and professional playing career. You can't line up a lot of former teammates who genuinely like him and continue to stay close to him. As a celebrity, sure, there are plenty of people willing to stand next to Deion for pictures and flash big smiles.

So to act as if a superficial "working relationship" with Deion is enough for Michael and Dwayne and Warren to sacrifice decades worth of being affiliated with their alma mater...it's just ridiculous...

Let's not forget, Warren Sapp, dirtbag though he is, was so "brand loyal" to Nike that he CUT UP the custom pair of adidas shoes that were sent to him when UM flipped from Nike to adidas.

Advertisement
I dont think this happened? I am one of the few posters I think that has defended Deion being supported in the name of black advancement. But I was CLEAR that I felt what Zo said was CORRECT. I have said that in several posts now.

You can support Deion without doing what those guys were. So, I just want to clear this up. Zo said himself that HE supports Deion and posters have alluded to the fact Zo has expressed similar sentiments that I have.
Doesn't matter if it happened or not his post will be long enough to make you second guess it.

Not sure what clout chaser has to do with anything.

Don’t need to reread. You call another poster out for “emotional facts” as you’re dropping emotional facts all over your post. Ironically the poster you called out was making the most accurate objective observation of the whole thread.

Deon running his own PR campaign for donating some “amenities he wanted” (in the words of JSU spokesperson) is factually not in the same universe as Richt quietly donating a million dollars to a facility fund.

U have a good day, sir, ma’am, or they.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back