BuffsInsight: The Coach Deion Sanders from JSU to Colorado Mega Thread

There's a lot of emotional people with this topic it seems. I hate what deion's doing up there and hate seeing our alums participating like that too, but this is not a close call - he should not have made that comment publicly. He is no longer just a prominent alum, he is an employee of the university. Speaking about one of the single largest donors the university has ever had. I guarantee he will get some blowback from development for this.
Agree that it’s sensitive but sometimes people of power and money need to be made to think

Advertisement
Yes, former players on rivals can become friends. Especially if they moved on to the NFL and played together. Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks are friends, played together, won a SB together. They can certainly support one another. Even publicly.

Now, to be fair, these same players have been vocal in their support of the program. Johnson has been a donor, enough to name the locker room after him. That’s a multi-million dollar donation. Irvin is always repping Miami. Sapp, too, but no one asks him unless he‘s on the Rich Eisen Show.

But wearing another school’s gear is over the line, especially one in direct competition with high school recruits and portal talent.

I agree 100%. I don't like to see Sapp or Irvin or the Rock in Buffalo gear, unless maybe if they have a child at that school. But I don't think it is only about Deion being a friend, former colleague, teammate, or only about his super star status. Deion being a black coach PLUS all of the aforementioned is also part of the equation. Some people don't like it. It's clear they don't. Some people actually are very offended at the prospect of that, which I don't understand. It actually disgusts some people for a black man to blatantly say "I want to see Prime do well." Because you know, let's name some of the others: Kevin Sumlin, Randy Shannon, Charlie Strong, Freeman is at Notre Dame, Shaw, Herm Edwards. NONE of them, maybe except Sumlin or Shaw, have been able to generate the excitement he has. Results remain to be seen but he is off to a good start.

It's a real thing and I am struggling to see why it's wrong, when you consider the standing and history of black coaches in the power 5 ranks. Some are going to facepalm this post, disagree with it, dislike it. And I haven't the slightest idea why it would bother anyone.

Listen, whether it's Toney Dungy, Mike Tomlin, Doug Williams winning the super bowl, Barak Obama the presidency. It is going to generate excitement within our community.

Last edited:
Advertisement
GIF by Laundry Service

Advertisement
Is all this hype really working? They are currently 75 in recruiting rankings. That’s pathetic given this his boost year. And when Oregon rolls them the hype will start to die out.
Deion isn’t going to work hard at recruiting high school players throughout the season like most coaches. He’s going to rely on hype and clout to poach players through the transfer portal and pull in a couple of high profile five stars. He will probably have success with this approach because a lot of people are gullible and impressionable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Deion has quickly gone from a fun novelty to hated status. Some of the things he and his kids are doing is not what college football is about. He is putting a target on everyone’s back.

I’m guessing he is in for a beat down in the next couple of weeks and will come back down to earth.

And honestly this whole coach Prime bull**** is ridiculous as well. Your name is Deion. Act like you belong.

Advertisement
Rock sucking off Colorado, but when prompted by Rece about Miami he stumbles over himself for a minute before finally getting (paraphrasing) "uh, Mario is an offensive line guy and he's got the offensive line back..." ... man had to check his work after class and fist pumped that he got it right.

He's always been cool by me, but c'mon Uce. Get it together.

You can ride with your boy to help him out...but you got to still ride for us harder.

Advertisement
Back