Buffalo RB breaking records......

And we sittin here stuck with sneaky slow Knighton smh
Wtf is your problem bud? So fascinated with bashing the kid an his inability to pick up the plays this year talking about a true frosh you assclown! lets see your fat *** trot out there?! By the looks of your profile picture you look like you dont have an ounce of athletic ability anyways so stfu already

Advertisement
Kid ran for 2000 yards as a senior in high school. He wasn’t some average guy running through huge holes because of overwhelming offensive line play.

His tape shows ELITE balance, QUICK feet and lateral movement, and incredibly difficult to bring down even when you get two hands on him. This guy is a football player that would produce almost anywhere. Really reminds me of Barry Sanders.

These are the kinds of guys I am always advocating for. Everyone says, “Well, he was just a nobody 2 star. But why? Because of measureables in shorts that camp warrior culture values so much.

When you see guys with ELITE ON-FIELD SKILLS but no one wants them, it makes you understand why coaches get fired so much and why so many guys we recruit flop.

Potential over skills is the name of the game.
I don't think it's fair to blame the staff for not recruiting a guy who's not even on their radar.

On the other hand James Franklin at Pedo State saw Jaret in person and told him he wanted to sign him but didn't have room. Now his team is 2-5 and lost their top 2 backs, with the leading rusher averaging 4.1ypc...

The whole "why don't the coaches hit a home run with every recruit" attitude that all fanbases seem to have is just so stupid.

Universities don't have a 100% hit rate with students. Businesses don't have 100% hit rate with employees. The NFL doesn't have it (or anywhere close) with draft picks.

But college coaches are supposed to evaluate 1000s of players based on tape, or maybe a camp and not miss the diamonds at the bottom of the pile. SMH

Advertisement
I don't think it's fair to blame the staff for not recruiting a guy who's not even on their radar.

On the other hand James Franklin at Pedo State saw Jaret in person and told him he wanted to sign him but didn't have room. Now his team is 2-5 and lost their top 2 backs, with the leading rusher averaging 4.1ypc...

As I said before, I’m not criticizing the staff for this kid in particular.

I am speaking more to the flaws in the way we have approached player acquisition for the past 15-20 years.

There are MANY less heralded and easier to sign prospects out there that we have ignored and then perpetually use talent and youth as an excuse for bad losses.

Coaches all over are chasing unproductive prototypes with “potential” while ignoring guys that can actually play football.

Clemson doesn’t do that bullshyt and the proof is in the pudding for how successful that model can be.

They are mixing highly rated athletes with less athletic but productive football players and are a top 2 dominant force in college football.

We should be emulating that and making sure we have productive players on standby that we keep communication open with so that a miss on a highly rated guy doesn’t end up in a roster hole. Even worse, you sign a last minute reach that usually ends up dead weight wasting and locking up a precious roster spot,

The whole "why don't the coaches hit a home run with every recruit" attitude that all fanbases seem to have is just so stupid.

Universities don't have a 100% hit rate with students. Businesses don't have 100% hit rate with employees. The NFL doesn't have it (or anywhere close) with draft picks.

But college coaches are supposed to evaluate 1000s of players based on tape, or maybe a camp and not miss the diamonds at the bottom of the pile. SMH

They aren’t missing them. They are ignoring them because they don’t fit rigid boundaries for certain measureables in stature or athleticism.

The kid literally was a 2000 yard back that ran like BARRY SANDERS AND NOBODY WANTED HIM! Back in the day before there was so much tape and recruiting analysis available, you could understand guys like him falling through the cracks. But now?

Then coaches sign guys with no production because they make defenders look silly in shorts lol smh.

Nobody is 100%, but our alleged “talent” issues ain’t just bad luck.

As I said before, I’m not criticizing the staff for this kid in particular.

I am speaking more to the flaws in the way we have approached player acquisition for the past 15-20 years.

There are MANY less heralded and easier to sign prospects out there that we have ignored and then perpetually use talent and youth as an excuse for bad losses.

Coaches all over are chasing unproductive prototypes with “potential” while ignoring guys that can actually play football.

Clemson doesn’t do that bullshyt and the proof is in the pudding for how successful that model can be.

They are mixing highly rated athletes with less athletic but productive football players and are a top 2 dominant force in college football.

We should be emulating that and making sure we have productive players on standby that we keep communication open with so that a miss on a highly rated guy doesn’t end up in a roster hole. Even worse, you sign a last minute reach that usually ends up dead weight wasting and locking up a precious roster spot,
Totally agree; you're preaching to the choir. I've long been an advocate of filling out classes with high floor role players who help build depth and culture. In the 2021 class I'm one of the biggest champions of Allan Haye, Kahlil Brantley and Ryan Rodriguez, for example.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back