Buffalo RB breaking records......

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Kid looks all of 5'6". What a ridiculous 2 game tally.

Patterson, a junior from Glendale, Maryland, tied the FBS record for rushing touchdowns in a game and had the second highest single-game rushing total with 409 yards and eight scores in a 70-41 victory over Kent State on Saturday.

Patterson's rushing total of 409 yards on 36 carries was the second most behind Oklahoma's Samaje Perine's 427 against Kansas in 2014.

In Patterson's previous game on Nov. 17, he had 301 yards with four touchdowns in a 42-17 win at Bowling Green. His two-game rushing total of 710 yards is the most in FBS history, breaking Texas star Ricky Williams' previous mark of 668 set at Texas in 1998. Patterson and Williams are the only players in college football history with back-to-back 300-yard rushing games.

Patterson also set an FBS mark with 12 rushing touchdowns in two games.

Advertisement
They took him out for two entire drives in the 3rd and then when he needed 23 yards for the record, they were on the 23 and coach took him out. Backup proceeded to score right after. Couldn’t believe it.

He'll play in the NFL. He's a good little back and if a guy like James Robinson can come in and immediately be perhaps the best back in the 2020 class, there is no reason why Jaret Patterson can't be a solid contributor in the league.

Advertisement
He'll play in the NFL. He's a good little back and if a guy like James Robinson can come in and immediately be perhaps the best back in the 2020 class, there is no reason why Jaret Patterson can't be a solid contributor in the league.

Tarik Cohen clone

The backup RB finished with just under 100 yards and 2 tds today.

Honestly, anybody who watched Robinson run in FCS would’ve told you that he was super talented but was an average athlete(old school back). They’re gonna call this kid too small and somebody like the 49ers are going to take this kid 7th round and have the best back in the draft not named Harris or Etienne.

Advertisement
He’s 5-9 195, per ESPN. But yeah, when I first saw his highlights I thought he was 5-5 or something.

And then I thought of Willis’ 6-TD game against VT in 2002, and the horrible halfback pass from Payton to Dorsey from the VT 2, that a Hokie picked and returned 100 yards for a TD.

Willis should have been given the ball four times, if necessary, to get his 7th TD, and put up the Canes up 56-21.

F-U Coker.

He’s 5-9 195, per ESPN. But yeah, when I first saw his highlights I thought he was 5-5 or something.

And then I thought of Willis’ 6-TD game against VT in 2002, and the horrible halfback pass from Payton to Dorsey from the VT 2, that a Hokie picked and returned 100 yards for a TD.

Willis should have been given the ball four times, if necessary, to get his 7th TD, and put up the Canes up 56-21.

F-U Coker.
Yea that sucked but I think it was on Chud

Honestly, anybody who watched Robinson run in FCS would’ve told you that he was super talented but was an average athlete(old school back).
No doubt. Robinson didn't wow at the combine, but the kid put the team on his back down the stretch and in the playoffs when they were down their top 2 QBs and had to start a true freshman. Opposing Ds were loading up the box and Robinson still produced. Then he went on to have a great Senior Bowl week. I was hoping my Steelers would take a late round flier on him.

Advertisement
Well... why didn't we? Seriously. We need speed.

If you were serious, because nobody did. He was a low 2 star from Maryland. Not a lot of schools chasing those recruits, including Maryland. That's how he ended up at Buffalo.

This happens every time some obscure player blows up. Our fans want to know why Miami wasn't on him.

Last edited:
If you were serious, because nobody did. He was a low 2 star from Maryland. Not a lot of schools chasing those recruits, including Maryland. That's how he ended up at Buffalo.

This happens every time some obscure player blows up. Our fans want to know why Miami wasn't on him.
Kid ran for 2000 yards as a senior in high school. He wasn’t some average guy running through huge holes because of overwhelming offensive line play.

His tape shows ELITE balance, QUICK feet and lateral movement, and incredibly difficult to bring down even when you get two hands on him. This guy is a football player that would produce almost anywhere. Really reminds me of Barry Sanders.

These are the kinds of guys I am always advocating for. Everyone says, “Well, he was just a nobody 2 star. But why? Because of measureables in shorts that camp warrior culture values so much.

When you see guys with ELITE ON-FIELD SKILLS but no one wants them, it makes you understand why coaches get fired so much and why so many guys we recruit flop.

Potential over skills is the name of the game.

Kid ran for 2000 yards as a senior in high school. He wasn’t some average guy running through huge holes because of overwhelming offensive line play.

His tape shows ELITE balance, QUICK feet and lateral movement, and incredibly difficult to bring down even when you get two hands on him. This guy is a football player that would produce almost anywhere. Really reminds me of Barry Sanders.

These are the kinds of guys I am always advocating for. Everyone says, “Well, he was just a nobody 2 star. But why? Because of measureables in shorts that camp warrior culture values so much.

When you see guys with ELITE ON-FIELD SKILLS but no one wants them, it makes you understand why coaches get fired so much and why so many guys we recruit flop.

Potential over skills is the name of the game.
As you say, staffs miss on kids all the time. Your initial question was why we didn't recruit him. I answered as best I could. It may be that you would have seen the next Barry Sanders in this kid as a high school senior, when nobody else did. Maybe you see that now, when nobody else seems to. And maybe you will be accurate. Or maybe not.

Advertisement
As you say, staffs miss on kids all the time. Your initial question was why we didn't recruit him. I answered as best I could. It may be that you would have seen the next Barry Sanders in this kid as a high school senior, when nobody else did. Maybe you see that now, when nobody else seems to. And maybe you will be accurate. Or maybe not.

I didn’t ask any question.

I was making a general statement on how to have a deep roster with productive football players even if you are not a a high revenue bag school.

We have excellent backs, so missing this particular kid is no biggie. The idea should be applied to all positions though.

Where would we be if we scoured the nation for low ranked guys with elite on field production and in-pads skills at offensive line, linebacker, wide receiver, and corner? We would be a much more complete and dangerous football team.

Attachments

• 3794E6AA-E070-4672-9294-6972C7D6B213.jpeg
    3794E6AA-E070-4672-9294-6972C7D6B213.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
My apologies. I referenced the wrong post. As to your last point, how does any staff have the resources to truly scour the entire nation? And, if you allocate the resources you do have, in such a way, then local kids claim a lack of love as they go elsewhere.

Advertisement
Back