Buffalo QB Tyree Jackson to transfer

Advertisement
Well he has to decide if he wants to declare or not. Once he does that and if he decides to stay, according to the 247 guy from that region, Miami will be a school he considers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of the goofiest looking players I've ever seen in college football. Difficult to think of any comparison to him. Maybe Andy Reid in that famous clip from Punt Pass and Kick. Jackson is almost like a pee wee kid who is asked to play quarterback because he towers above everyone else, but he's not fully coordinated yet and wanders all over the place while making strange decisions and winging the ball anywhere and everywhere.

I give him credit for deciding to transfer instead of entering the draft. He is not ready mentally or physically. There are some Cam Newton qualities but it's a scattergun version of Newton. Every time he makes an impressive downfield throw he follows with a series of crazy throws, including one that nearly broke his receiver's arm the other night against Toledo when Jackson threw it wild high into the stands and the receiver ran into the concrete while desperately tracking down the wild throw.

Then at the end of the game Jackson scrambled in all directions behind the line of scrimmage but ended up trapped near the left sideline and fumbled the ball away in ridiculous fashion. It wasn't even surprising from him. A coach and fan base is going to have to learn to accept the occasional wow play mixed with all the bizarre plays in which Jackson looks like stumbling Gumby out there.

I guess I said I couldn't think of a comparison but then came up with 3 of them.

Advertisement
Back