Bucky Brooks: Explosive Duke Johnson best Miami RB ever?

Advertisement
I guess he'll have the numbers and all to say it, but still haven't seen anyone better than Frankie Baby as a freshman. Gore was a Ferrari F40 on nitrous!

duke for now is a top 10 back maybe 8 at miami...if he plays in some great games BIG games and we ride him like did
Willis ( UF) Edge ( UCLA) portis ( pic a game) bratton, Williams, Anderson, Forman, then we got a top 3 or better guy.

Duke is where he is because he SO much better than anyone else on the team...the other guys had some talent around them

let him run for 140+ tomorrow with a win...he moves up to top 5

Advertisement
duke for now is a top 10 back maybe 8 at miami...if he plays in some great games BIG games and we ride him like did
Willis ( UF) Edge ( UCLA) portis ( pic a game) bratton, Williams, Anderson, Forman, then we got a top 3 or better guy.

Duke is where he is because he SO much better than anyone else on the team...the other guys had some talent around them

U re joking right...? top 8? not sure if i believe you or you are just ******* with us, but dam .. top 8... "Come on man" ,,, anyhow, i think Duke is a special back which we may not see for a long time. Lets be grateful we have him and enjoy this journey.

U re joking right...? top 8? not sure if i believe you or you are just ******* with us, but dam .. top 8... "Come on man" ,,, anyhow, i think Duke is a special back which we may not see for a long time. Lets be grateful we have him and enjoy this journey.

duke has played one game as a starter...do you even know our history..it goes back further than than 07....

When Duke runs for 150+ on a top 10 team ( see tomorrow) and we win..he is top 5...

to make you feel even worse is even Jarred Payton ran on FSU and our fav Rb Tyrone Moss ran all over VT one year...

Duke is great Duke is loved, we are asking a lot from him, and now some writer says best back ever at Miami...makes you wonder

Advertisement
Now,
1.Edge
2.Willis
3.Portis
4.Bratton
5.Gore
6.Anderson
7.Duke

He however will leave here #1

He needs to play big in games like tomorrow to be considered an all-timer. The talent and disposition are certainly there though. Now let's see him grind out 120-140 yards against this tough UF defense.

U re joking right...? top 8? not sure if i believe you or you are just ****ing with us, but dam .. top 8... "Come on man" ,,, anyhow, i think Duke is a special back which we may not see for a long time. Lets be grateful we have him and enjoy this journey.

duke has played one game as a starter...do you even know our history..it goes back further than than 07....

When Duke runs for 150+ on a top 10 team ( see tomorrow) and we win..he is top 5...

to make you feel even worse is even Jarred Payton ran on FSU and our fav Rb Tyrone Moss ran all over VT one year...

Duke is great Duke is loved, we are asking a lot from him, and now some writer says best back ever at Miami...makes you wonder

LMAO.

Thank you. I mean JEEBUS, people proclaiming this guy the GOAT already? At a school that has had some of the best RBs in CFB history? He needs to stay healthy and MAYBE at the end of next year, he can lay claim to a place among the elites. Right now he is a great young talent, but has a LOT to prove before he can be discussed in league with Edge, Wmac, Portis, Highsmith, Bratton, Gore, etc.

U re joking right...? top 8? not sure if i believe you or you are just ****ing with us, but dam .. top 8... "Come on man" ,,, anyhow, i think Duke is a special back which we may not see for a long time. Lets be grateful we have him and enjoy this journey.

LMAO.

Thank you. I mean JEEBUS, people proclaiming this guy the GOAT already? At a school that has had some of the best RBs in CFB history? He needs to stay healthy and MAYBE at the end of next year, he can lay claim to a place among the elites. Right now he is a great young talent, but has a LOT to prove before he can be discussed in league with Edge, Wmac, Portis, Highsmith, Bratton, Gore, etc.

yea.. I understand the love for Duke its the same for Morris, these younger guys have never seen real UM qbs beat number one teams on the road week after week...

duke will have tons of history at Miami...he is that good, but let him play have fun

Advertisement
Now,
1.Edge
2.Willis
3.Portis
4.Bratton
5.Gore
6.Anderson
7.Duke

He however will leave here #1

I love the way Duke plays but he won't outrank non of those guy until he plays huge against a elite defense. I think he will start to rise up that list at about 3:30 tomorrow, Duke's Heisman moment. All of these guy showed up big when the light were at their brightest.

He needs to play big in games like tomorrow to be considered an all-timer. The talent and disposition are certainly there though. Now let's see him grind out 120-140 yards against this tough UF defense.

In the first half.

Advertisement
Some of you are discussing production and accolades while one guy is talking about the tools that Duke brings to the running back position. If you're talking strictly about the tools that Duke brings to the table, I'd go with his over any back at Miami outside of freshman Frank Gore. Duke is really REALLY special.

Yeah he's got some work to do before he's vaunted into the group of legends, but if we're talking about grading vision, speed, quickness, route running, toughness, hands, and blocking, Duke Johnson is right there at the top of the list.

Advertisement
Back